The frequency with which the Jelly Bean update test firmwares for Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 are leaking out the only point to one thing that the Android 4.1 JB update for the device is at hand. It was just a few weeks ago that we had another leaked test firmware version N7000XXLSA, and now there is a new leaked ROM based on Android 4.1.2 N7000BLS4TCE that is available for download and ready to be flashed.
The latest leaked FW is for the Mexican cellular service provider Tel Cel and therefore it houses a bunch of different apps and widgets specific to the provider. After flashing the firmware, the look of our Galaxy Note turned different from what we are used to see on a typical Galaxy phone. Moreover, the look of default icons has been changed. Just like the previous leak, this version too does not have a new S Pen features. Maybe they are added when the final and official release comes out.
Features of Android 4.1.2 Update for Galaxy Note:
As we all are aware, since we have already seen the features brought to Galaxy S3 and Note 2 by Android 4.1.2 update, N7000BLS4TCE firmware adds some cool improvements, enhancements and features to our Galaxy Note GT-N7000. They have listed below:
- Project Butter- smooth performance and stability
- Multi-View/Multi Windows Multitasking functionality
- Ripple effect on lock Screen
- Page Buddy that creates a contextual page for quick access to certain apps and features
- New customizable Notification Panel with more toggles
- Smart Rotation
- Swype Input in Samsung Keyboard
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
- and more
Details of the Leaked Firmware:
Android Version: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Region: South America
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Firmware:
Here is a short tutorial for those who do are new to such things. Follow the steps below to try the latest leaked firmware on your Galaxy Note.
a). Get Prepared:
- Download the firmware from the link above and extract it to your desktop.
- Download Odin 3.04 and extract the zip to your desktop.
- Download and install Samsung USB Driver on your computer.
- Backup all important items such as contacts and messages stored on your device.
- Charge the battery of your Galaxy Note to at least 70% of battery level.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device: Settings> Developer options> USB debugging> turn on.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note and boot it into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Down+Home+Power keys together for a few seconds. On the next screen you will be asked to press Volume Up button, do it.
- Now run the Odin 3.04 program. Connect your Galaxy Note to your computer via a USB cable and wait till the ID:PORT on the Odin turns green and you see “Added!!” text in the message box.
- Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” is checked on Odin.
- Now click on PDA button and select CODE_N7000UBLS4_619662_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file from the extracted firmware folder.
- Click on PHONE button and select MODEM_N7000UBLS1_REV_05_CL1228938.tar.md5
- Click on CSC and select CSC_TCE_N7000TCELS1_619662_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Leave the PIT file and do not use it.
- Only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options should be ticked on Odin.
- Hit the Start button and wait till the installation is finished and your Note reboots automatically.
- Disconnect the device from the computer. Done!
You can now enjoy the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on your Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Share your experience with the new FW or drop a comment if you have any doubt or problem.