The regular model of the Samsung Galaxy S2 received the long-awaited Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update just a couple of weeks ago. The update was great enough to spread a smile over the pining faces of the phone users and now it is you turn. Samsung has already begun the 4.1.2 JB update roll out for the another variant of the Galaxy S2 model GT-9100G.
The Android 4.1.2 update is available now to the users of this phone in France and it will gradually be pushed to other countries in phases. If you from France, you can grap the update via Kies or Over-the-Air by checking for the latest firmware update in Settings>About>Software Update. In case you are not able to get the update vis aforesaid methods, you can download the latest firmware with baseband version I9100GXXLSR and install it manually on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G. Sice it an unbranded firmware, it can be installed even by those who are not from France. The only condition is that your phone should not be carrier-branded.
The Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G brings all the goodness of the Premium Suite Upgrade for the Galaxy S3 except the Multi Window feature.
- Google Now: to access fast, press and hold the options button (left), or put a search widget on homescreen
- Notification Panel: a sleeker look now, has the capability to show notifications and preview
- Project Butter: buttery smooth UI, performance and great stability
- Enhanced TouchWiz: Nature UX of the Galaxy S3
- Lockscreen: added Facebook Ticker and other customization options
- Two Homescreen modes: Basic Mode and Easy Mode (see Settings> Homescreen)
- Blocking Mode: lets and block call and message notifications
- Some New Apps: Google+, Google Talk, Group Cast, Music Hub, Video Hub, Play Books, Play Movies
- Camera: many new features and inprovements added
- New Widgets: added from Galaxy S3
- New Features: Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- Added new settings options in phone and call.
Download Android 4.1.2 Firmware for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G:
Here are the details of the firmware-
Build Version: JZO54K
OS Version: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Date: January 28, 2013
Country: France ( Region- Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom)
How to Install:
Having downloaded the firmware, extract the zip file on your desktop. Inside the extracted folder you will find a file with .tar.md5 extension. You will have to select this while in Odin by clicking on the PDA button. For detailed tutorial, Click Here.