OnePlus X has been the most waited device of November and as it has been released now, we present to you the rooting process for it. It’s a simple process. All you need is the SuperSU file in your device’s internal storage and a custom recovery installed. Though SuperSU v2.56 is available for download, this version is meant for the Marshmallow ROMS and is experimental. Since the device runs on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware, the stable v2.46 should root it easily.
Here is a simple tutorial that will root your OnePlus X with the unofficial TWRP recovery available for the device. Before you proceed, make sure you have setup TWRP. Through this custom recovery, you will need to flash the SuperSU file and you will have root once you boot into the system. So let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install TWRP on your device. We, at DroidViews, won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Download | SuperSU v2.46 (File: SuperSU-v2.46.zip)
- This root guide is compatible with OnePlus X only. Do not try it on any other device.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your OnePlus X.
- Install USB Drivers on your computer in order to detect the device and transfer the SuperSU file to it.
- Fully charge your device.
How To Root OnePlus X With TWRP
- Download the SuperSU package from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first, turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Although this is optional, it is recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To back up your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to back up.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the SuperSU file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once you reboot, you can enjoy root access on your OnePlus X. Verify root using the root checker app.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.