The smartphone market is the rapidly increasing niche market in the consumer electronics segment and the growth is rather exponential than linear. The craze for powerful smartphones is encouraging the OEM’s to cook more and more powerful and robust devices, the result of which we are seeing in the form of flagship devices. Most OEM’s unveil their powerful contender every year to showcase the hardware and software excellence which will eventually increase the brand value.
The Galaxy Note 4 is the Samsung’s smart treat this year for phablet lovers who like to dangle their fingers on large screens. As you’d expect, the Galaxy Note 4 comes with top-notch specifications like a high-resolution Super AMOLED screen, powerful processor, fabulous camera sensor and carefully crafted design that would make your buddies jealous.
Most of the smartphones in the market meet all these qualities but the sound quality is one of the areas where most OEM’s stumble upon. The Galaxy Note 4 faces the same wrath when it comes to the speaker performance. The sound levels are quite loud but the overall sound quality is average.
However, an Android user need not be worried upon such minor issues and blacklist a wonderful smartphone such as the Galaxy Note 4. Being a proud user of Note 4, you’ll have a vast developer support who continuously strive for improving the performance of the device. With a bit of knowledge & awareness about the things, you can use many apps, mods which will transform the device to your liking. Today, we will see how to improve the sound quality on your Note 4 with the Dolby Digital Plus Audio mod.
Thanks to the efforts of hosgor45 from XDA developers, the Galaxy Note 4 users can simply flash the audio mod to improve their music experience. For those of you who don’t know, Dolby Digital is a software algorithm pack which will improve the sound quality by reducing noise and improving sound quality over the frequency spectrum. You get to choose from various sound profiles which will improve the sound quality in different scenarios.
The current Audio mod has been tested on various Note 4 device running on deodexed Lollipop, so it’s safe to play. However, it’s always a good thing to backup your device before you play God. The mod is recovery flashable, so you might want to follow one of our recovery installation guides for Note 4.
Install Dolby Digital Plus Audio on Galaxy Note 4
- Download and install a custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Download Dolby Digital Plus Audio mod from here.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the device’s storage.
- Boot your Galaxy Note 4 to the recovery mode. To do this:
- Power off your Galaxy Note 4 and wait till the device is shut down properly.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until the device boots to the recovery mode.
- In the recovery, select Install zip option and flash the mod file you’ve downloaded in Step 2.
- After flashing, wipe the cache and dalvik-cache of the device.
- Reboot the device once everything’s finished. You’ll see the Dolby Digital app in the app drawer, enable it.
If you experience any force closes after reboot, try the below fixes to get it working:
- Make sure NU player is disabled in the Developer option.
- If Soundalive force closes, try removing/freezing it with any root uninstaller app.
If everything’s fine and running, you should notice a significant improvement in the sound quality of the device. Share how the Dolby Digital Plus mod is rocking on your Note 4 in the comments section below.