Thanks to the rapid development, a smartphone is the reply for everything these days. I distinctly remember that back in days, people in my area used to carry around lighted candles or torch lights when there is a power cut. But today, all I can see is the LED lights glowing from the rear side of the smartphones. This shows how much these tiny smartphones had mingled in our lives. But according to me, this change is for the good of everyone as people might forget a pocket torch while going into dark places, but they won't leave Smartphone even to the graves. The LED light provided alongside the Camera module on the smartphones was actually intended to provide good lighting conditions while taking a picture or video with the camera. But things can be flexible with times, thus the LED light was transformed into a standard torch on the devices. The brightness of the LED light will be prefixed to particular Lux (Measuring unit of brightness) levels by the manufacturer, so we have to get along with the provided brightness on the device. However, the Android users always have a way out of everything, and we have a way to increase the brightness of the Sony Xperia Z series (Z,Z1 and Z2) devices. Thanks to olokos, a recognized developer from XDA developers community had built some recovery flash-able packages that will increase the brightness of the LED light on your Xperia device to a measurable amount. This mod is available in two variants, one is the extreme version which give great brightness but the device heats up quickly and the other is moderate version which is recommended. So let's get on with the guide to install this awesome mod on your Xperia Z device. First, check the compatibility and the prerequisites on your device before going on with the guide.
WARNINGThis Guide is intended only for the Sony Xperia Z devices, not for any other variant or device of Sony. Be extra cautious when you choose the mods as flashing wrong mods might result in a bricked device. Installing this mod may void your device warranty either temporarily or permanently. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. We shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
COMPATIBILITYThis mod is confirmed working with the following Xperia Z devices:
- Xperia Z (4.4.4)
- Xperia Z1 Compact
- Xperia Z1s
- Xperia Z1 (4.3, 4.4)
- Xperia Z2 (4.4)
PREREQUISITEYour device must have a custom recovery to flash this mod. If you’re not having any custom recovery on your device, follow the below guides for Xperia Z devices from the below link: INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SONY XPERIA Z INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON SONY XPERIA Z1 COMPACT INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON SONY XPERIA Z2
PROCEDURE TO FLASH TORCH MOD ON YOUR SONY XPERIA
- Download one of the following packages based on your interest.
- Extreme Version - Torch Only
- Medium version - torch, camera, flash, notification LED
- Extreme version - torch, camera, flash, notification LED
- Transfer the mod file to the root of your device's SD card. (Just for convenience)
- Now put your device into the recovery mode. For this:
- Switch off your device and wait until proper shutdown.
- Power on the device and when you see your phone’s LED notification light turn Pink, (might be other colour based on device) start pressing either the Volume UP or Volume Down key a couple of times.
- Install the mod file by clicking Install and selecting the zip file from the SD card.
- Confirm and flash the mod file.
- Reboot your device.