Nokia was and still is one of the most classy looking smartphone brands in the world. Seeing the NOKIA logo jogs a lot of memories for many of us. HMD Global who now manufactures the Nokia smartphones is doing a pretty good job as of now. The company is constantly bombarding the market with Android One smartphones along with pretty impressive designs.
Nokia 6.1 Plus is arguably the most stylish smartphone in the budget category and steals the show with its glass body. One of the major advantages of Nokia 6.1 Plus is the Android One Platform which receives Android updates very quickly. As per rumors, the Nokia 6.1 Plus should receive the Android Pie update at the end of this month. But if you can’t wait that long, you can download and Install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 6.1 Plus directly from the official website.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus is sleeker, light-weight smartphone and easily operable with one hand. HMD Global goes with the trend to bring the notch design to Nokia 6.1 Plus along with a small chin below the screen. So, you will have a larger display in a smaller footprint. The shiny reflective glass back is gorgeous but is a fingerprint magnet. It comes with pretty powerful specs along with a moderate battery backup. As promised, the Nokia 6.1 Plus is receiving regular security patches and updates in the form of OTA updates. If rumors are to believed, Nokia 6.1 Plus users can expect official Android 9 Pie update by the end of the month. However, you can try the developer build right now and it doesn’t involve tedious commands and flashing stuff.
How to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 6.1 Plus
Nokia Beta Labs is now providing the Android Pie Beta update to interested users. The Android Pie for Nokia 6.1 Plus features a new Digital Wellbeing dashboard, advanced gesture-based navigation system, AI-enhanced improvements to the UI, Recent App Switcher, new Adaptive features and much more. All you need to do is to register to Nokia Beta Labs and provide the requested details to get the OTA update. Follow the below process to download and install Android 9 Pie on Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- Visit Nokia Beta Labs and click on the “Sign in” button to get started.
- After Sign-in, it will ask for your device’s IMEI number, Network Operator name, and Location.
- You need to fill those fields and agree to the “Beta software license terms” and register for beta labs.
- After successfully registering your device to your Beta Labs account, you can see your device information in the account.
- Click on “Get the Beta Software over the air” button and agree to the terms and conditions. Now click on “Request OTA” button to receive the OTA update within 12 hours.
- You should receive the OTA notification on your device or you can check the same from Settings » System » System Update and check for update.
Once the OTA is installed, you can explore the Android 9 Pie features on your Nokia 6.1 Plus smartphone.