With the release of Android 10, came a few major changes and new features. Among them, the introduction of new gesture navigations was widely anticipated (along with the native dark mode). If we talk about these gestures, then Google seems to be in direct confrontation with Apple. Although, it is still not as fluent as the latter’s, yet it does the job pretty well. Unfortunately, these gestures could only be enjoyed by the users running Android 10 on their devices. Thanks to senior XDA developer paphonb, you could now port the entire Android 10 launcher APK to your devices running Android 9.0. Instructions regarding the same are hereby provided. Before beginning with the guide, don’t forget to check out 10 new Android 10 features. Your device must have Android Pie rooted with Magisk to be able to install and enjoy the Android 10 Launcher with the new gesture navigation and Google Feed.
- The back gesture (swiping from the edge of the display) being part of SystemUI does not work as of now (17th September).
- A rooted device running Android 9.0.
- Moreover, the device should be rooted with Magisk (not SuperSu or any one-click root method).
- Download the Quick Switch Magisk Module from Magisk Manager or from here: QuickSwitch_.Android_Pie+.-v22.214.171.124.zip
- Also, download and install the QuickStep Launcher: Q_Launcher3-Pie-v1.1-debug.apk
Note: You can always get the latest version of the Android 10 launcher APK from the XDA forums thread.
Features of Android 10 Launcher
- Clean stock Launcher3 base
- Android Q gesture navigation
- Swipe down for notification drawer
- Dark theme
- Google Feed
Steps to Port Android 10 Launcher to Android 9.0 Devices
- Open the Magisk Manager app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) and select Downloads.
- Search for the Quick Switch module and tap on the down arrow next to it.
- Now tap on INSTALL. Within a few seconds, the module will be installed.
- Reboot your device for the module to get activated.
- Now, to port the Android 10 launcher to your device you need to install the Quickstep Launcher from the given link above.
- Next, open the Quick Switch module and from the Available Providers, select Quickstep.
- A Confirm dialog box will appear. Tap on OK and reboot your device for the changes to take place.
- When your device reboots, the option to chose the Default Launcher will pop up. Select Quickstep Launcher and tap on Always. If no such option appears, go to Settings > Apps and Notifications > Advanced > Default Apps > Home app > Select Quickstep from the list.
- Now long press on the home screen until a menu appears. Select Home settings from there.
- Tap on Developer Options and toggle on the ENABLE_GESTURE and FULL_GESTURE_MODE options. Moreover, other options like the Dark Theme and pull down to open notification shades are also present. Do have a look at them as well.
- That’s it. You have successfully ported the Android 10 launcher to your device running Android 9.0 Pie.
Read next: How to Change System Accent Color on Android 10
Join The Discussion: