Yesterday, we shared a tutorial about manually updating the SM-J700F model of the Galaxy J7 to Marshmallow. However, if you own SM-J700H model and want to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on Galaxy J7, here’s a detailed tutorial for you.
Below, we’ve provided download links for most available firmware for the Galaxy J7 (SM-J700H). Samsung has already been rolling out the Marshmallow update for the phone for a while now. However, if you have not been able to get the OTA in your region for some reason, you can get the update right now by flashing the official MM firmware released by Samsung using Odin.
Do You Own the Galaxy J7 SM-J700F? Click Below:
Having updated to Android Marshmallow, you’ll be able to enjoy the improved system and battery performance and many other new features listed below:
- Faster performance and reduced lag.
- Enhanced security features.
- Better battery performance through Doze and App Standby features.
- Quick scrolling and search bar in the app drawer.
- Google Now on Tap (you can enable it by pressing and holding the Home button).
- Efficient app permissions management.
- Many other tweaks and features.
Follow the tutorial at your own liability. Please take care of all prerequisites before installing the firmware and follow each step carefully. If you got any question, don’t hesitate to ask via comments.
- Download the firmware file from below.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 and unzip the file.
- Also, download and install Samsung USB Driver on your PC if you haven’t installed it already
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy J7.
- Backup your apps and data.
- Charge your phone to ensure at least 60% battery.
Download Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy J7 SM-J700H
Installing Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy J7 SM-J700H
Having taken care of the steps described under ‘preparations’ let’s get started with installing the official Marshmallow firmware on the Galaxy J7.
- Extract the downloaded firmware and Odin (.zip) files.
- Open the Odin folder and .exe file as administrator.
- Power off your Galaxy J7 and boot it into the Download mode: Press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys together. Release the buttons when you see the warning screen and then press the Volume Up key to enter the Download mode.
- Connect your device to computer using a USB cable. When your device is connected successfully, the ID:COM port in Odin will turn blue and you’ll see “Added!!” in Odin’s log field (see the screenshot).
- Click the AP button in Odin, go to the firmware folder and select the file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the Start button in Odin to trigger the firmware installation. The installation process will take a while to complete so you need to wait patiently.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS!! message on Odin and your Galaxy J7 will reboot automatically.
Voila! You’ve successfully installed the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J7.
Please note that the first boot after installing a new firmware usually takes 5 to 10 minutes to boot up for the first time. Please be patient, don’t panic and wait patiently until your phone boots up. In case it doesn’t boot up even after 10 minutes, try doing a data factory reset via stock recovery. you can find detailed instruction on the topic in the following guide:
If you encounter issues like overheating, lag in performance or fast battery drain, you should perform a hard reset to fix the issue by clicking the above link.