Note 5 is the latest iteration in the Samsung’s phablet lineup this year. It has all you would need in a phablet. Its got the great design with metal and glass body, top of the line hardware for best performance and an S-Pen for all the doodlers out there. With crisp display, premium design and the best camera on a smartphone, it is one of the best Android devices to have right now.
Samsung’s TouchWiz UI has been known for performance issues and sluggish performance but this time it is the other way around the latest TouchWiz UI that comes installed on your Galaxy Note 5 has been toned down to look and feel more like the stock Android with reduced bloatware. Though you would still find some useless apps on your device. If you want an even better experience on your Note 5 with improved performance and battery life try out this custom ROM by Dr. Ketan.
Dr. Ketan’s ROM has been quite popular among Samsung device users. He has supported many Samsung devices in the past with his development skills and here he is with a brand new custom ROM for your Galaxy Note 5. Dr. Ketan’s ROM is based on the stock TouchWiz but it includes tons of customizing options to improve your experience with the device. There are many tools and features that help you make your device more personalized and easy to use.
- 300 fonts enabled
- All Language enabled
- Multi DPI. (No S-view support) – Right now not all app modded as well this mod is in beta stage and some glitches expected. The launcher is modded for no DPI and camera not fully.
- Ad Free (you can disable from Dr.Ketan Utility)
- Auto Call Recording – Auto call record included On/Off from Dr.Ketan utility
- Manual Call Record – ROM Control – Native call record
- Power Menu -5 Way Reboot mod with sound mode
- 22 Quick Panel Toggles (Floating Message won’t work)
- CSC features – Separate app for CSC features
- All App Multi Window (optional in ROM Control)
- Camera Hack – Use camera with Flash at low battery + Camera shutter sound toggle
- Call/SMS block
- No Increasing ringtone. (Extra Settings- Other mods)
- Memory Clean option on expanded notification with switch
- Mute/Vibrate/Sound option in power menu.
- NFC hack with screen off (ROM Control)
- App ops (permission manager) Settings-LockScreen and security – Application permission
- No call delay mode (preactivated)
- Center clock option (separate zip available as Add-on) and many more..
Things You Will Need
- Rooted Galaxy Note 5 (Follow the Guide linked below)
- Custom Recovery Installed on your device (Follow the guide linked below)
- Dr.Ketan’s ROM zip | LINK
- Custom Kernel ( Download anyone from below)
- Noble Kernel | LINK (Download the kernel according to your device model number)
- Beta SuperSU 2.49 | LINK
- Call Audio Fix (For T-Mobile Users ONLY ) | LINK
Steps to Follow
- Download all the required files and copy them to your device. Download any one of the custom kernel given above.
- Reboot your device into Recovery mode by holding Power +Volume Up+ Home key for a couple of seconds.
- Once the recovery is booted, select Wipe option > Factory Reset.
- Now go to Install zip and select N920I Dr.Ketan ROM.zip
- This will start calculating md5, wait till it finishes and match MD5 with download page of ROM. Once it matches – select ‘yes’ to flash ROM.
- Once ROM flashing finish – do not Reboot the device but again select to Install file option in the Recovery.
- Select Kernel file you have copied to your device.
- After this yet don’t Reboot device.
- Flash Beta SuperSU 2.49 you have copied to the device.
- Now T-Mobile users flash the call audio fix to overcome the no audio in calls bug reported by users.
- Now Reboot your device.
Enjoy! Dr. Ketan’s custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 5. Do give us your experience with the ROM. Also, ask your queries regarding installation process in the comments below.