The AT&T variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 is model SGH-I337 and brings in the same hardware configuration of the S4 and moreover, AT&T didn’t take much of time to bring the tasty Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to the Galaxy S4 SHG-I337. It is here now in our hands, ready to be pushed to your device. The released build is labeled I337UCUFNB1 and consists of new features like Galaxy Gear compatibility, Dialer app, Camera, Gallery app update, drag-and-drop function and several other upgrades & bug fixes. The procedure is quite simple and familiar to any Samsung user, using the Odin flashing tool to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337.
Installing or updating firmware using Odin program may harm your device and even break your warranty period. Be sure of what you’re doing, everything at your own risk. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
» Install Samsung device drivers and reboot your PC: Click here
» Enable USB Debugging if you haven’t enabled it till now, detailed steps on how to do it could be found here.
» Charge your S4 at least to 60% of battery to avoid any mishaps during the process.
» Backup everything, this includes your internal storage, music, photos, SMS, contacts etc.
» Download Odin flashing tool and extract it to a suitable location: Click here
» Download the firmware package and extract its content: Click here
Steps to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on AT&T Galaxy S4
- Open the Odin flashing tool by double-click the Odin3 v3.09.exe.
- Make sure that F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are selected and everything else is unchecked.
- Power off your S4 now. Press the Volume Down + Home + Power keys altogether until you see a warning screen. Press the Volume up key now to boot the device into Download Mode.
- Connect the device to the PC now, using the USB data cable.
- On the top left of the Odin window, the ID:COM port will be show, which means the device connection has been successfully established. If not, try re-installing the drivers properly.
- Click on the PDA/AP button, browse to wherever the firmware package was extracted and select ALL_ATT_I337UCUFNB1_I337ATTFNB1_505595_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Click on the Start button to activate the flashing process which will merely take a few minutes. Until then hold back and do not disturb the setup in any way.
- On completion, a PASS!! message will be displayed, post which the device will reboot automatically and reboot into the new and updated firmware on your AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337.
How does it feel to be operating on the latest Android version? Incredible, I am sure. Tell us your views about this update using the comments. Your support is highly appreciated.