The 4G variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2 which is know as the Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 has now been reported to receive the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update from Samsung. The update was due for a long time since the international version of the device got the update about a month ago. The owners of this device can get the update via Samsung Kies or on-device software update feature. To check the availability of the update you can check Kies or go to Settings> About> Software update.
With the new updated firmware installed on your Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710, you will be able to enjoy the Premium Suite upgrade features on your Galaxy S2. Some of the major features and enhancements includes in the update are as follows:
- Google Now- the intuitive search with live cards to give you the right information at right time
- Notification Panel- the new actionable notification system with editable shortcuts.
- Project Butter- smoother and faster UI experience
- Page Buddy- open contextual pages. When earphone is plugged you see a new page with all multimedia options
- Blocking Mode- lets you decide when and from whom to get notifications
- Homescreen Modes- now you can choose between Basic and Easy Mode for homescreen
- New Motion- added new motion gestures
- Camera- brings new features in Camera app
Of course, there are many other features that you will notice after upgrading the software. If you are unable to receive the OTA update, download the firmware from below and install using Odin.
How to Install:
Download the firmware file in zip, extract it on your desktop and use the file with .tar.md5 while installing with Odin. See the full tutorial here.