The T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 users in the United States have finally got a reason to smile as the carrier has now started the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update. The update was due for a long time as most Galaxy Note 2 users have been enjoying the this update for months. This is a perfect example of how various carriers/network operators fail to ensure the latest software update reach their users.
Anyways, this a major software update that will bring some nice feature and improvements to Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889. The firmware update is already being pushed to the device Over-the-Air. If you have not got the update notification, you can manually check for it availability for your phone from device Settings> About> Software Update. You may or not be able to download the firmware instantly as it is rolling out in phases and will be hitting all device pretty soon.
If you do not have patience to wait for the firmware to reach your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889, you can get it now the other way. Just download the firmware file from the link below and install it manually using Odin.
New Features in Android 4.1.2
Among the new features and changes that you will notice after updating your Note 2 include:
- Editable shortcuts on Notification Panel
- Some new notification Toggles
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel can now be disabled
- You can now disable Multi-View
- Smoother Browser
- Swipe-like continuous input in Keyboard
- Ink-Effect on lockscreen (works only with S Pen)
- Status Bar turned to black from grey
- New Group Cast Application
- Page Buddy with contextual page functionality as in Note 2.
- Music Hub App + widget
- Video Hub App
- Ability to capture a screenshot while playing a video.
- Improved File Manager
- Adjustable Smart Rotation with your angle of viewing.
- Chrome Browser App pre-installed.
- A new equalizer preset at Music Player app.
- Auto adjust screen tone.
T-Mobile ( USA) Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2 FW: T889UVBMB4_T889TMBBMB4_TMB.zip
How to Install:
If you have installed a firmware using Odin in the past, you should not have any difficulty with installing this firmware too. Download the firmware file in zip and extract it. Boot the device in Download Mode, connect it to PC, launch Odin, click on PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Finally hit the start button. In case you are new to such things, better use our easy tutorial for safe landing.
In case your phone is stuck on bootloop after installing the firmware, use the Steps given under Method 1 on this tutorial.