The Galaxy S3 Mini is a stripped down version of Samsung’s best-seller the Galaxy S3. The S3 Mini features 4.0-inch WVGA(480×800) capacitive touch screen display, 1 GHz dual-core processor, Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS, 5MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 1GB RAM, 8 GB / 16GB internal memory, and a 1,500mAh battery. Quite recently, Samsung started the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean roll out for the device. The new update is already available to all S3 Mini users via Kies and Over-the-Air.
If you have missed the official update, you can check for its availability for your device from Settings > About > Software Update. To update your device via OTA, it is recommended that you are connected with a WiFi Network. In case, you are facing problems in getting the Android 4.1.2 update on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190, you can download the full firmware from the link provided below and install it. Since the firmwares provided below are Unbranded you can flash it even if you do not belong to Indonesia or Vietnam.
- PDA: I8190DXALL3
- CSC: I8190OLBALL4
- Version: Android 4.1.2
- Date: December 26
- Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
Installing the Android 4.1.2 Firmware on Galaxy S3 Mini:
Before proceeding to install the firmware, do these things:
- Charge your Galaxy S3 Mini to at least 70% of battery level.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps etc.
- Turn on the USB Debugging mode on your phone: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging
Having made the preparations instructed above, follow the following steps:
- Download and extract the firmware zip file
- Download and extract Odin3_v3.04.zip.
- Put your phone in Download Mode: Turn off the phone. Press and hold Volume Down+Home buttons and then long press the Power key for a few seconds till the screen turns. Press the Volume Up key when asked.
- This is a no wipe firmware. Therefore, it will not delete any data from your phone.
- Run the Odin program by double clicking the Odin3_v3.04.exe.
- Connect you phone to computer using the USB Cable.
- When the ID:COM port at Odin turns green, click on PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file inside the firmware folder.
- Finally, click on start button and wait for a few minutes till the installation is finished, you get a “PASS!” message, and the device reboots automatically. Done!
Do not forget to how it went for you via comments!
Done with this Post? Also Read This:
How to Root Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190: Link