Samsung has been sending the Jelly Bean update to all its all eligible devices for a couple of months now. While the other variants of the Galaxy Note 10.1 like GT-N8000, GT-8010 and GT-8020 were already treated with either 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 version of Android quite a while ago, the WiFi only variant Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-8013 was left neglected with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for a long time for unknown reasons.
The scenario, however, has changed now as Samsung has started to roll out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 in the United States on Tuesday. The new update is now available to the users of this device in the U.S. via Samsung Kies and Over-the-Air. Open Kies> Select Tools> Select Firmware Upgrade and Initialization> Enter Model “GT-N8013” and you should be able to download and install the update. Alternatively, you can check for the Jelly Bean update on your Note 10.1 itself from Settings> About>Software Update.
If you have not received the update yet, or encountered an issue while upgrading your device, you can try out a manual installation explained below where you will also find the link to the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Customization Tips and Tricks: Link
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013: Link
The Jelly Bean update to the Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi will bring a good bunch of new features and improvements to the device.
- Google Now: press and hold the Home icon to launch Google Now
- Project Butter: smoother and faster UI
- New enhanced TouchWiz
- Multi Wndow/Multiscreen/Multitasking feature
- Pop Up Play
- Enhanced Handwriting feature
- Paper Artist app
- Blocking Mode
- Air View
- Quick Command
- New Notification Panel
- New S Note Widget and new features added
- New Blocking Mode (found under Settings)
- Changes in Settings interface
- Various S Pen Features from Note 2
- YouTube client in Video Player
- PDA: N8013UEUCMA3
- CSC: N8013XARCMA3
- OS Version: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Date: January 10, 2013
- Regions: United States
Install Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware on Note 10.1 N8013:
If have not flashed an official firmware on your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 manually, follow the steps given below to install the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware:
- Download the firmware file from above and extract the zip on your desktop
- Download Odin3-v3.04.zip and extract the zip.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers and install on your computer. You need not install it if Samsung Kies is already installed on your computer.
- Get your device fully charged and backup the contacts, messages, and apps.
- Switch off your Note 10.1 and enter into the Download Mode. To do this, you need to press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously till the screen turns up. The device will ask you to press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode, do it.
- Now open Odin.exe and connect your device to the computer via a USB cable.
- When your device will be connected to your computer, the ID: COM box will turn green and you will see “Added!!” text at the message box at Odin.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now in Odin, ensure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked. Do not mess with any other option
- Click on the Start button on Odin to start installation which might take about 5 minutes and when it finishes, you will see PASS! message on the ID: COM.
- The device will reboot now. Disconnect it from the computer.
When your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 boots up, it should be running the newly installed Jelly Bean firmware. You can confirm it from Settings> About.
How to Root:
If you wish to root your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013, head over to this rooting tutorial.