Galaxy Note 5 the new entry in the Samsung’s Note lineup is a powerful device capable of providing you an all round performance. The Touchwiz UI on Galaxy Note5 based on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 provides various software improvements over the past iterations of Touchwiz which now feels smoother to use. But if you are power user you would probably like to add some more software features and enhancements to your Note 5, you could do so by installing Xposed Framework on your device.
Xposed Framework lets you install modules on your device which perform specific functions, adding more features to your device. It has recently been made to work with the latest flagship by Samsung. Here’s the guide how could you install Xposed Framework on your Galaxy Note 5. This is a unofficial version made available by the efforts of Xda member wanam. This has been tested by couple of users on Galaxy Note 5 and everything seems to be working for them. Here are the things you will need and the steps you need to follow.
Things You Will Need:
- Rooted Galaxy Note 5
- Custom Recovery like TWRP installed n your device
- Deodexed ROM
- Xposed framework.zip| xposed-v71-sdk22-tw-arm64-custom-build-by-wanam-20150829.zip
- Xposed Installer.apk | Xposed Installer App
Steps to Follow:
Note: Make a Nandroid backup of your ROM to be on the safe side, if you are unable to get it working on your phone or it messes things for your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted and has a deodexed ROM with a custom recovery installed on your device.
- Download the required files and copy them to a suitable location on your device.
- Boot your device into recovery mode. To do so first turn off your device then hold the Power Button, Home Button and the Volume Up Button at the same time. When you see the text ‘Recovery Booting’, then you can let go off these buttons.
- Once the recovery is booted select Install zip file and locate the xposed framework zip file. Now swipe to confirm installation.
- After the installation has completed TWRP will show you the option to Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache, perform this task.
- Now reboot your device and install the Xposed Installer application on your device.
- That’s it download modules for Xposed framework and Enjoy.
You could flash this xposed-uninstaller-tw-arm64.zip file to unistall Xposed framework from your device, if you want to remove it. Steps to do so remains the same just flash uninstaller file instead of installer one.
Enjoy Xposed on your Galaxy note 5 and get a better experience out of your device with its modules. Drop your queries in the comments section.