Most of you might have been familiar with the TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP) and the one thing that made this recovery so popular was the introduction of the first touch-based recovery. Lets now put some hands up and credit this beautiful team for its extraordinary hard work. If you have the LG Optimus One, you can flash TWRP recovery on it.
The other day, this worthy XDA’er Ron G posted an unofficial recovery build for LG Optimus One which is a total touch-based Recovery. All the credits for this recovery go to TWRP and Ron G for porting on LG-P500.
LG Optimus One TWRP Features
Let’s check out the features of LG Optimus One TWRP recovery version 2.2.2 in detail.
1. Install: You may install ROMs, kernels and other .zip packages. It offers you to not only flash a single .zip at a time but several .zip s in a queue (up to 10 .zips at once).
2. Wipe: This feature allows you to wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System Partition, SD-Ext & External Storage. You may also “Factory Reset”, this option cleanly wipes User Data & Cache.
3. Backup: You can backup your current ROM using TWRP’s selective backup i.e you are now able to choose what to backup and whatnot. In addition to this, you may also modify your backup’s name.
4. Restore: Restore your backed up ROM/ Data in few touches.
5. Mount: It enables you to mount System, Data, Cache, SD Card, SD Ext & USB Storage.
6. Settings: These are the list of features embedded by TeamWin which includes enable/ Disable (Zip file signature verification, Force md5 check on all zips, Use rm -rf instead of formatting, Skip md5 generation during backup, Enable md5 generation of backup files, Ignore image size errors during backup, Simulate actions for theme testing).
7. Advanced: This includes some advanced options in the recovery as “Copy Log To SD”, “Fix Permissions”, “Partition SD Card”, “File Manager” & ”
8. Reboot: Simply reboot your device in following ways: “System” which is the normal phone reboot, “Recovery” Reboot into the recovery itself, “Power Off” Switch off the phone’s power & “Bootloader” Reboot the phone into bootloader mode.
9. Other Options: It serves you with additional features like Navigation buttons (at the bottom), Time and battery level percentage (On the top)
You shall visit the original developer thread at XDA forums for more information & Change Logs from the developer’s side. You can download the LG Optimus One TWRP recovery image from the forum thread and flash it using ADB commands.