Just yesterday, we published an article talking about a great free app for tweaking and managing kernel parameters to get the best performance out of the available hardware resources. If you got a good phone, it should have good specs. However, sometimes we do not get the performance we expect from our devices and in most cases it is due to faulty configuration of how hardware resources are used or the way the user uses a device.
We all expect good performance and battery life from the smartphone or tablets device we use. And if you think you are not getting that with the default settings of your device, there are ways to make it perform better in terms of speed, faster response, reduced lag and better battery efficiency. Thanks to the brilliant developer community we have as Android users that there are always some or other solutions to fix such things.
If you experience lag on your phone and think it’s not performing decently, you should give a try to the ATX-Script mod by XDA member rainforce279. The mod targets various issues that usually concern users. It fixes low RAM issue, improves battery performance, reduces lag, adjusts CPU and GPU frequencies to the optimum, and so on. Below is a detailed list of things the script works its magic on:
- Prevent Leaked RAM/system memory
- Makes performance smoother
- Lag fix
- Better battery life
- Balanced mod (gaming & multitask)
- Net optimizer (responsive surfing)
- Seeder (increases Entropy to reduce lag)
- GPU Rendering (HW 3D force enable)
- I/O Database Optimizer (SIO/ Deadline: auto set. if there sio, sio will enable..if no, deadline will enable)
- Storage Speed/Write Optimizer
- CPU Governor Optimizer (Smartass/Hotplug/On-demand: auto set, if there Smartass, martass will enable.. if no, hotplug or on-demand will enable)
- Touch responsive
- Zipalign at boot (reduce footprint & optimized RAM usage)
- Sound noise fixer
ATX-Script mod has been tested and found working on a range of Android devices including the Nexus 5, Xperia Play, Huawei Honor, Galaxy Note 3 (with CM11), Galaxy Star, etc. The mod works on all Android devices running Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat. Needless to say, you must have root access and a custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) to flash it. You also need to install the latest BusyBox. And yes, make sure you are not using any other custom scripts already. Another thing, we highly recommend you try it on a custom ROMs with init.d support.
How to Install
- Download the mod file in zip from above and copy it to your phone.
- Reboot your phone in recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup first.
- Then install the .Zip file and reboot device.
You can find detailed steps on flashing custom mods on Android devices here.