If you’re reading this page, I assume that either you’re hyper-adventurous to try out every mod or ROM on your beloved Galaxy Note 2 or you want to shed some light on your humdrum Note 2. Either ways you are going to extol yourself for landing on this page and tasting the Note 4 features on your old Note 2. It’s been almost two years since the launch of the Galaxy Note 2 but we can still find people bidding this device on eBay. However after the quick look at Nexus 6 and Note 4, it might not be the device you’re dreaming to get your hands on. But if your budget is tight and not yet planning to buy a new device, transform your old Note 2 into the latest Note 4 with the Ditto Note 4 custom ROM.
The Ditto Note 4 ROM is based on stock 4.4.4 Touchwiz ported from the Galaxy S3 and is packed with most of the latest apps found on the Note 4 making it a hot cake for the bored Galaxy Note 2 users. We found almost all apps and features of the newly launched Note 4 in this ROM, thanks to the Team Electron for making this beautiful piece of work and gifting it to Note 2 users. The ROM comes pre-rooted and de-odexed and runs on Agni kernel by default which is popular among Note 2 users.
Featuring Air Command, Smart Select, Note 4 Multi-window, Recent apps, Side Key Panel and many more Note 4 features, it transforms your mundane Note 2 into the latest Note 4 (except it can’t stretch the size of your device). You’ll be amazed if we say that the Ditto Note 4 also includes the latest Ultra Power Saving Mode (UPSM) that is featured on the Note 4. If you really want to know what goodies you’re going to get, follow the source link to experience an eternal shock after seeing a massive features list.
However, no ultimate ROM is without a catch and in this case, the FM and Bluetooth audio don’t work and there are few glitches in the lockscreen. But these tiny things should not stop you, download the ROM from the link below and follow the instruction to flash it on your Galaxy Note 2.
This guide is intended only for the Galaxy Note 2 with the model number GT-N7100, so do not try it on any other model. Flashing ROMs will void your device warranty either temporarily or permanently. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process, we shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
Prepare Your Device
- Charge your device above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
- A custom recovery to flash the ROM file, you can install PhilZ recovery from here.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device just to be safe. For Guide → Click Here
- Download Ditto Note 4 ROM
- Download the ROM and push it into the internal memory of your device.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode. The standard procedure to enter recovery on Galaxy Note 2 is to turn off the phone then hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together for 3-4 seconds. Alternatively, you can use a reboot manager app:
- Now make a full wipe of the device which includes the cache, dalvik cache and System.
- Now flash the ROM file from the recovery menu. For any guidance on flashing ROM files → Click Here
- Reboot the device.
That’s it, the first reboot will a tad longer due to cache build-up. So don’t panic even if it take around 10 minutes, have a cup of coffee in between.
To get a peek into the Ditto Note 4 ROM for the Galaxy Note 2, watch this video: