The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 is a popular tablet device. Unlike many other tablets, it comes with a special stylus – the S Pen, which offers precision superior to that of generic capacitive style. In terms of specs, the Tab 10.1 features a 10.1″ PLS TFT display with a resolution of 1280 by 800 pixels, a quad-core processor that runs at 1.4 GHz, a pair of cameras with the 5 MP main one with auto-focus and LED flash, and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. The device was released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and now it can be upgraded to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 (3G+WiFi) has recently received the long-awaited Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update that has started rolling out via OTA and Kies update. Keep a close eye on Kies to get the update info. Alternatively, you can check for the OTA update from Settings> About> Software update. If you do not find any firmware update for your Tab 10.1, do not worry and try the method given below.
The is another way, however, to get the latest Android 4.1.1 firmware update on your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. You can download the complete firmware file and flash it using Odin3 just in a few clicks. Since it an Unbranded firmware, it can be installed on any International version of Galaxy Note 10.1. The only condition is do not install it if you have a carrier-branded/network locked device.
- Update Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 (3G+WiFi) Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Update Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi (GT-N8010) with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tips and Tricks
- PDA: N8000XXBLK2
- CSC: N8000OXXBLJ2
- Android Version: 4.1.1
- Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
New Features and Changes:
Here is a list of some of the new features and changes that I discovered on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-N8000 after Android 4.1.1 update.
- Google Now: press and hold the Home icon to launch Google Now
- Project Butter: smoother and faster UI
- New enhanced TouchWiz
- New Notification Panel
- New S Note Widget and new features added
- New Blocking Mode (found under Settings)
- Ripple Lockscreen
- Changes in Settings interface
- Various S Pen Features from Note 2
- YouTube client in Video Player
- Press the Power+Volume Up button together to start screen recording.
- Press and hold the S Pen on any area of the screen and drag it to take a clip
- The app info panel while pressing and holding an icon at the desktop has gone.
- The S Pen dock that popped out while pulling out the stylus has gone.
How to Install the Firmware:
Here is how you can install the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-N8000. Follow the steps given below carefully:
- Download the firmware and extract the zip.
- Download Odin3-v3.04.zip and extract the zip
- Download Samsung USB Drivers and install on your computer.
- Charge your device and backup all important data. Backup your contacts, call-logs, messages, APNs, bookmarks, calendar, apps & games using these nice free apps.
- Switch off your phone and enter the Download Mode. To do this, you need to press and hold the Volume Up and Power Keys simultaneously for about 3-5 seconds till the screen turns up. The device will ask you to press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode, do it.
- Now open Odin.exe and connect your device to the computer.
- When your device will be connected to your computer, one ID:COM box will turn green and you will “Added!!” text at the message box at Odin.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now in Odin, ensure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked
- Click Start in Odin and the installation will begin.
- This installation might take some time and when it finishes, you will see PASS! message on the ID:COM.
- The device will reboot now. Disconnect it from the computer.
Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-N8000 to official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware. Do not forget to let us know how it worked for you and share your experience with the new Jelly Bean update.
Root Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 on Android 4.1.1 JB Firmware:
Updating your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 (3G+WiFi) with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean stock firmware would have brought your device to unrooted state. If you wish to root it again just follow the steps below that are very similar to the firmware flashing method:
- Download CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.zip and extract the zip.
- Turn off your device and boot it into Download Mode as you did while flashing the firmware above.
- Launch the Odin program and connect the device to the computer via USB cable.
- Hit the PDA button on Odin and select the “CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.tar” file.
- Click on the Start button and let the installation finish. You will have to wait for some time and finally, you will get a PASS! message at Odin and your device will reboot automatically.
In case, this rooting method does not work for you, try this one.
Bingo! your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 has now been rooted. Enjoy!