If you remember, Samsung has released a rugged version of its older flagship, the Galaxy S4, for the users of AT&T. The variant was called the Galaxy S4 Active and was exclusive to an specific carrier only. Later, the OEM continued its partnership with AT&T by bringing the Galaxy S5 Active.
Following the line of AT&T, US network provider Sprint has collaborated with Samsung to add an exclusive device to its line of smartphones. The Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport (SM-G860P) has been designed for active lifestyle and brings almost the same ruggedness of its sibling. The phone features a full sealed design with IP67 Certification that ensures a certain level of protection from water and dust.
As for hardware specs, the Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport (SM-G860P) offers almost the same specifications as the regular Galaxy S5. It sports 5.1-inch super AMOLED full HD display, 2 GB RAM, Qualcomm quad core 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801 processor, 16-megapixel main camera, 2800 mAh battery that performs longer than the original S5.
On the whole, the Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport is a great package that combines better and durable design, fantastic battery life and stunning camera quality. If you own this tech-beast and want to enjoy even greater experience by using root apps and Xposed Framework, we are just here to help you with gaining root privilege on your brand new phone in a matter of few minutes.
- Download the latest CF-Auto-Root package by Chainfire: CF-Auto-Root-kltesprsports-smg860p.zip
- Download and install the Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC: Download
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S5 Sport. Go to Settings> About device and tap the Build number for 7 times. Go back to Settings> Developer options and turn on USB Debugging.
- Make sure your phone and sufficient battery juice left on it.
Root Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport (SM-G860P)
- Extract CF-Auto-Root-kltesprsports-smg860p.zip and open the extracted folder.
- Launch Odin.exe file but double-clicking it.
- Turn off your Galaxy S5 Sport and boot it into the Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power keys simultaneously for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen, press the Volume Up key to enter the Download Mode.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using USB cable provided by the OEM.
- Wait a little until the ID:COM port on Odin turns yellow or blue (depending on Odin version) and you see Added! at the message box below.
- Click the PDA button on Odin and select CF-Auto-Root-kltesprsports-smg860p.tar.md5 file.
- Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are selected on Odin and then click the Start button to initiate rooting process.
- Wait till you get PASS! message on Odin followed by automatic device reboot.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable.
- When your Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport boots up, open the app drawer and look for SuperSU app there. If this app is there, your phone has been rooted successfully.
Done! If you want to verify proper root access on your Galaxy S5 Sport, download Root Check app from the Google Play Store and run it.[googleplay url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummyapps.rootchecker”]