If you have already upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5110 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware and wish to root it, we have an easy tutorial for you to guide you through the whole procedure. It always better to have a a device with the latest firmware with root access and CWM Recovery installed on it.
Though the rooting method given here is tested and working, it should be noted that rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi will not only void its manufacturer’s warranty but might also prove risky. If you do not know what it is all about, please go back from here. We at Droidviews or the developers shall not, in any case, be held responsible for any mishap. Proceed on your own liability.
Preparations before Rooting:
There are certain things that you require to before jumping to the rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi and installing ClockworkMod Recovery on it.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed on your computer, you need install the USB Drivers but make sure that Kies is not open while you are going through the rooting stuff.
- Download Odin3_v1.85.zip and extract the zip to your desktop.
- Download GT-P5110_ClockworkMod-Recovery_126.96.36.199.tar and save to a location on your computer where you can easily find it.
- Download Rooting package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi (do not extract)
- Insert an external SD Card storage to your device and copy the Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip on the main directory (not in a folder).
- Backup and sync all important data present on your Galaxy Tab. Backup your contacts, call-logs, messages, APNs, bookmarks, calendar, apps & games using these nice free apps.
- Charge the device to at least 70% battery level.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from Settings> Developer options.
Installing CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi:
Before you can flash the Rooting Package on the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi, you will have to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. Follow the steps given below carefully.
- Turn off your Tab and boot it into Download mode. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. On the next screen press Volume Down to confirm and continue to enter into Download Mode.
- Now hook up your device to the computer via USB Cable.
- Open the extracted Odin folder and double click and run Odin3 v3.04.exe. Wait till you see ‘Added!!” text at the message box on Odin.
- Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options are ticked on Odin.
- Now click on PDA button and select GT-P5110_ClockworkMod-Recovery_188.8.131.52.tar file.
- Having selected the file, hit the Start button and let CWM Recovery be flashed to your device.
- When the installation is finished, your device will reboot automatically and ClockworkMod Recovery will be installed on it.
Rooting Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi:
So, now you have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi with CWM Recovery installed on it. This has made your device capable of installing the rooting package to get root access. You can now move on to flash the Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip file to your device. Here is how you can do it.
- Copy the rooting package in zip to an external memory card and insert it to your Galaxy Tab.
- Turn off the device and reboot it into CWM Recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons together for a few seconds to enter the recovery mode.
- Having entered the recovery mode, go to “flash zip from sd card> choose zip from sd card” and select the Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip file and confirm the selection by hitting “yes”.
- Wait for a few seconds till it is flashed.
- When it is finished, go back to the main menu in CWM Recovery and select “reboot system now”.
- Your device will reboot and it might take a few minutes before you can see the lock screen.
Your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi is now rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it. If you are having problems with root apps,you may need to install Superuser from Play Store.
How to Unroot Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110:
If you wish to unroot your rooted Galaxy Tab 2 model number GT-P5110, download the following file and install/flash it via ClockworkMod Recovery just as you flashed “cwm-root-gtab2a.zip” file while rooting. However, I must tell you that Unrooting will not reset the download counter (developers are still working on that). As soon as I or another developer figure out how to reset the counter on this device, I will post information here.
Alternatively, you can flash an official firmware if you want to unroot your Galaxy Tab 2.