HTC One M8 is HTC’s latest flagship showcasing the new Sense UI v6, which is actually the new and improved M7. The device was rumoured since a few months and was released 2 days ago around the world in various countries. Its sky-high configuration includes 5-inch Full-HD display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen, dual front camera, Snapdragon 801 chipset with Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 processor and Adreno 300 GPU.
Time has never been a matter to consider when we’re in the Custom Android world. It didn’t even took days for mike1986. to discover and to release TWRP recovery and root for this new device. Mike here, has ported the latest TWRP recovery from the M7 release and used a flash-able zip of Superuser apk and binaries. Using our guide, you can easily Install the TWRP recovery and root your new HTC One M8.
- Rooting voids your device warranty, DroidViews does not encourage rooting and shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Perform everything at your own risk.
- This guide is meant only and only for HTC One M8, do not attempt to try this on any other device.
Also See:How to Root AT&T HTC One M8 and Install TWRP Recovery How to Root Verizon HTC One M8 without Unlocking Bootloader How to Root Sprint HTC One M8 and Install TWRP Recovery on It
- Backup your Apps, Contacts, Logs, Messages and Settings
- Unlock your bootloader from HTCDev.com (Follow our guide)
- Charge your device over 60% battery level to avoid any uncertain shut downs during the process
- Download and Install appropriate USB drivers
- Enable USB Debugging
- Install Android SDK
- Download essential files (Fastboot_files.zip) and extract it to the Desktop.
Install TWRP on HTC One M8
- Download latest TWRP recovery image file and rename it to "recovery.img".
- Move the recovery image file to the Fastboot_files folder on your desktop.
- Unlock your M8's bootloader using HTCDev method [Select HTC One (M8), click on Begin Unlock Bootloader and follow the instructions]
- Make sure that the Fastboot is unchecked in the Settings> Power options, or you will not not be able to boot into Bootloader mode.
- Switch off the device.
- Boot into HBOOT mode by pressing Volume down and Power buttons altogether. Using the volume keys highlight Fastboot and select it using the power button.
- Connect it to the PC via USB cable
- Open the Fastboot_files folder. Now press SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder, select Open Command Prompt here.
- Type in the following commands one after the other:
fastboot erase cache fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot reboot
- Your device will now reboot and you have your TWRP installed.
Root HTC One M8
- Download and transfer the Android_Revolution_HD_Root_and_BusyBox.zip file to your device's internal storage.
- Also download the latest SuperSU and copy the downloaded zip file to your phone.
- Switch off your device.
- Boot into HBOOT mode by pressing Volume down and Power buttons altogether. Using the volume keys highlight Recovery and select it using the power button.
- Your M8 will enter into TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on Install and select the Android_Revolution_HD_Root_and_BusyBox.zip file. Now slide the button to start the flash process.
- Also flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip file.
- Once done, go back to the main menu in TWRP.
- Tap on Reboot, then on System. Your device will reboot itself and shall be rooted.