Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo has received the KitKat update just a few months ago while the original Galaxy S3 users were dumped by Samsung with no KitKat update. We guess most of the Galaxy S3 Neo users are already running the KitKat OS and enjoying the cool features that come with it. However, if you've not yet updated your device so far, just follow the below link to update it manually. Update Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9300I to KitKat 4.4.4 Any Android device, may it line-up among the premium devices or just falls in the regular category needs to be rooted to get the most out of it. Rooting gives access to the unreachable depths of Android awesomeness which is not possible on the non-rooted device. The TouchWiz interface from Samsung is beefily consuming a huge chunk of your device's resources which might be visible while playing graphics intensive games. Rooting also unlocks the door to some beautiful apps which won't run on normal devices. Apart from rooting, you need to get a good custom recovery to take regular backups of your device and to install cool custom ROMs and mods which unleashes the beast on your device. In this guide, we will show you how to install TWRP recovery on your Galaxy S3 Neo followed by the rooting procedure. The Knox warning can also be removed by flashing a simple script via recovery. Follow the step-by-step instructions carefully and then everything is profit.
WarningThis guide is intended only for the Galaxy S3 Neo with the model number GT-I9300I, not for any other device of Samsung. Be extra cautious when you choose the firmwares as flashing wrong firmwares might result in a bricked device. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process, we shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
Prepare Your Device
- Charge your Galaxy S3 Neo above 60% battery level to avoid shut downs during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging: Link
- Install Required USB Drivers: Link
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
DownloadsTWRP Recovery File: i9300i-nh3_twrp-126.96.36.199_v3.tar Odin v3.10.0: Download Link SuperSU File: Download KNOX Removal Script: DE-SAMSUNGNIZER_KNOX_REMOVAL_SCRIPT_V2.0.zip
- Copy the SuperSU and KNOX removal script on your phone.
- Download the latest Odin zip file (we use version 3.09) and extract the file on your PC. You will get the following files in the folder:
- Odin3 v3.10.exe
- Double-click the Odin3 vx.xx.exe file. This will open an Odin window.
- Boot your Galaxy S3 Neo into Download mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together and release them once you encounter a warning screen on your device
- Press Volume Up to acknowledge the warning. This takes you to download mode.
- Connect your device to the PC using an USB cable and make sure your device is detected.
- Uncheck the Auto Reboot option in Odin.
- Download the TWRP recovery file and flash it on your device using the Odin firmware flasher by placing the recovery file in the AP column. For detailed guidance on installing, refer the post from here.
- When TWRP is flashed and you get PASS! message, disconnect the USB cable and turn off the phone by pulling out the battery.
- Insert the battery after 20 seconds and boot the device into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons. As soon as the screen turns up and you see the Samsung logo, release the Power key but keep the other 2 keys pressed until the phone boot in recovery mode.
- In recovery, navigate to Settings and disable Enable screen timeout, then install the SuperSU and KNOX Removal Script zip files. For any guidance, refer the post from here.
- Reboot the device once everything is completed.