This guide explains the various steps in detail to unlock the Realme C2 bootloader and eventually flash TWRP recovery image. After that, you’ll find the steps to root your Realme c2 as well. Download the TWRP image file from below and root your phone using Magisk v19.3 zip file.
Unlocking the bootloader and rooting your phone will void your warranty. Worst case scenario, you may even end up with a non-usable device. DroidViews cannot be held responsible for your actions. Proceed at your own risk.
Before you can root Realme C2, please make sure to meet the following requirements.
- A Realme C2.
- You’ll need a Windows, Mac or Linux computer with Android SDK Platform-tools.
- Download Android SDK Platform Tools for Windows, Mac & Linux
- Extract the downloaded zip file anywhere on your PC.
- The extracted platform-tools folder contains all the necessary tools required to run ADB and Fastboot.
- Since you’ll need to connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable, be certain that the cable isn’t loose.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your device, found in Developer options.
- Go to Settings > About phone.
- Tap on Build number 7 times.
- You’ll see a toast message that says, “You’re a developer.”
- Go back to Settings now, and you’ll find a new option called “Developer Options”, select it.
- Scroll down and find out OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging and enable it. OEM Unlocking should already be enabled or grayed out if you’ve unlocked your bootloader.
- Ensure that your Realme C2 has at least 50% battery left so as to prevent any accidental shutdowns.
- Windows users will need to install Realme USB drivers as well.
Unlock Realme C2 Bootloader
Before you can root Realme C2, you must unlock it bootloader. Follow the steps given below to do that.
Warning: Back up all your data and apps before proceeding to unlock the bootloader as they will be wiped during the procedure.
- Connect it to your PC via a USB cable and make sure the connection isn’t loose.
- Tap on the USB notification from the notification drawer and select File transfer.
- Now go to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- On Windows, type in cmd in the address bar and hit enter to open a command prompt window in the folder. On Mac and Linux, you can simply right-click inside the folder and select Open in Terminal to launch a Terminal window and start using ADB.
- Now let’s see if your device is properly connected to your PC. To do this, type the command given below and hit enter.
- If your device is connected, you will see your phone’s serial number and if you don’t, you should check if you have installed all the required drivers.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot mode by entering the command below.
adb reboot bootloader
- Type the command below to unlock your bootloader if your device is detected. Remember this will wipe everything on your phone.fastboot
- Confirm the action on your phone using the volume buttons.
- Your phone will factory reset itself and restart.
Install TWRP Recovery on Realme C2
Now that you have unlocked the bootloader, you will have to flash the TWRP image so that you can root Realme C2 using Magisk.
Download TWRP for RealmeC2: twrp-3.3.1-1-RMX1851.img
- Go to Settings and enable USB Debugging again. You already know now how to do that now.
- Reboot to bootloader once again with the same command as before.
adb reboot bootloader
- Next, flash the twrp recovery image on the Realme C2 by entering the following command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-1-RMX1851.img
- Once the recovery is flashed, you can reboot your device with this command.
Note: If you want to proceed with rooting your device, skip step 8. Simply press the volume button to select Reboot recovery and press the power button to reboot to directly boot to recovery mode. Since you’re already in recovery, skip the steps 1-3 mentioned below as well.
Steps to Root Realme C2
Download root package: Magisk v19.3
- With your device turned on, connect it to your PC.
- Launch a command prompt or Terminal window inside the platform-tools folder.
- On Windows, go to the platform-tools folder and enter cmd in the address bar.
- On Mac and Linux, you can simply right-click inside the folder and select Open in Terminal to launch a Terminal window and start using ADB.
- Use the command below to reboot your device into recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
- Once in TWRP recovery, you can flash Magisk and root your device. But it is wise to first take a full NANDroid backup of your device, just in case you may want to revert your device back to a working state.
- To do this, go to Backup and select all the partitions. Swipe at the bottom to begin the backup process.
- To root Realme C2, select Install from the TWRP main menu.
- Navigate to and select the downloaded Magisk file and select it.
- Swipe at the bottom to flash the zip.
- Tap on the Reboot system button and your device will reboot.
Now, you have a rooted Realme C2 with an unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery installed on it.
Join The Discussion: