The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the hottest subject of gossip nowadays, especially when we talk about Android. It is deemed to be the most powerful smartphone in the world because of its looks and features. Every Android lover is aspiring now to buy a Galaxy S3, or at least try it for a while. So here is a good news only for the owners of the Galxy S2 as they can at least experience the charm of the Galaxy S3 on their device. Just recently, XDA member ksr007 has released the final version of his ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 called Pure Look S3 “Design by Nature”. I tried this ROM for two days and am loving it. That is why I am going to share it with you all. If you want to install a pure ICS feel ROM on your Galaxy S2 with a flavor of the Samsung Galaxy S3, take my word, this is the best ROM so far. Must give it a try!
Salient Features of the Pure Look S3 ROM
So, what are the things that really make the “Pure Look S3 [v3.1.1 Final]” ROM a must have for the Galaxy S2 users? Here are some answers:
- Live Wallpaper Animation on Lockscreen and other apps backfround.
- Integration of the original S3 Acuuweather app
- The new Samsung Touchwiz Interface from Galaxy S3
- SONY BRAVIA Engine: Increase the quality of photos and video
- Amazing Touch Sensitivity – GPU Acceleration
- Video / Audio profiles 24-20Mbps/192Kbps_44100Hz
- Battery friendly and fast ROM
- 15 Toggles on the status bar + battery percentage %
- Fast and smooth transitions of brightness (ABC)
- Integration of all major apps from the Galaxy S3
- MicroSD Card speed 1024KB / s
- Rooted – Busybox – Deodexed
- About 80 custom fonts added
- Can install most S3 Apps
- Beats Audio from HTC Sensation with a better sound quality and power
- Added soung notification Galaxy S3
- CMW Manager pre-installed
- Innumerable other features for you to discover….
Here are some screenshots that will show you how this ROM will look like on your Galaxy S2, and I believe you would like it too just as I do.
How to Install the Pure Look S3 ROM on Galaxy SII
If you are falling in love with this awesome ROM and want to install it on your Galaxy s2, you need to root your device first. If you have already done that just follow the following steps.
If you device is not rooted , read our easy guide on the procedure to root the Samsung Galaxy S2 here. If the kernel version of your device does not match with that of given in my rooting guide, look for the correct kernel and follow the instructions.
Now here are the steps to install the “Pure Look S3 [v3.[v3.1.1 Final]ROM on the Galaxy S2:
- Download the ROM: Purelook S3 v3.1.1 final XWLPG.zip – Mirror Link1 – Mirror Link 2
- Do not extract the zip, and copy it to the SD Card of your device by connecting it to your computer via USB cable.
- Charge your device’s battery to at least 70% level.
- Backup all your contacts, messages, and other important data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. Go to Settings> Applications>> Development>> USB Debugging On.
- Now boot it into CWM Recovery Mode. You can do this in three ways. If you can see a utility called CWM Manager on your device, ope it and select “Reboot into ClockWorkMod Recovery”. Another way is to download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store and use “Reboot into Recovery” option. You can also boot your device in the Recovery mode by this way: switch off the device, and keep pressed the Volume Up+Home+Power keys simultaneously till the startup screen with Samsung Galaxy S2 logo blinks for two times.
- In the Recovery Mode, select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” and confirm your choice by selecting “Yes”.
- Then go to “advanced” option and choose “wipe dalvik cache” and confirm the choice.
- Then return back to the main menu and select “install zip from sdcard>> choose zip from sdcard”. Browse to the “_purelook S3 v3.1.1 final XWLPG.zip” file and select it.
- CWM Recovery will start flashing the ROM on to your Galaxy S2 and will take a few minutes to finish.
- When it is complete, go back to main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- It will take a few minutes for you device to reboot. Do not panic if it takes a longer time and wait patiently.