Google is taking a hell of an effort to make the Rio Olympics interesting with its comprehensive coverage and quick updates on the schedules, medal table, highlights etc… The Google app for Android provides a much more intuitive interface with cards and quick search options based on your preferences. As if these weren’t enough to get involved in Olympics, Google introduced the Fruit Olympics or the Fruit Games as they’re calling it on the Google Doodles. What more do we need to say Google is the best???
The Google Fruit Olympics A.K.A Fruit Games were introduced in the Google Doodle right from the first day of Olympics which appear when users open the Google app on their smartphones. I have noticed them a few days back and thought they’re yet another interactive Google Doodles which can be used to kill some time when you’re bored. Well, I have horribly mistaken them for a bunch of interactive Doodles and I’m gonna blame myself for not playing them a couple of days earlier.
Google Fruit Olympics is a form of browser games but instead of playing them on your browser, you can play them from Google app on your Android smartphone. Players control different fruits throughout the game to achieve the goal and are ranked on a scale from one to three. As of now, there are seven Fruit games in Google app: Coconut BMX, Apple water polo, blueberry golf, lemon swimming, grape hurdles, pineapple tennis, and strawberry running. Well, let me tell you, all the games are extremely colorful and filled with fun.
Moreover, you don’t even need to have an active Internet connection to play them as they’re in the Google app itself. So, forget from Pokemon GO and let’s play Fruit Olympics…. Here’s how to play Fruit Olympics on your Android smartphone
- Download the Google app from below link if you haven’t already installed on your device.Google Price: Free
- Open the Google app or access it from shortcuts on your device. You’ll see the Google Doodle at the top of the screen. It would be something like the below screenshot:
- If you didn’t see the Google Doodle similar to above, click on the Google Search bar and then click on the “G” symbol at the left corner of the search bar. It will take you Google app.
- The Google Doodle changes constantly and today it’s a swimming lemon. So, you might see another doodle tomorrow.
- Click on the doodle and you’ll land into the world of fruits. There will be a lot of mini games to play and all are interactive, so you might want to tap, swipe and tilt your device to play them.
- Tap on any of the games and enjoy!!!
They’re quite good, right? Let us know which is your favorite Fruit Olympics game of them all.