Samsung’s promise to bless the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-19100 with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware update has given a new reason to the owners of the phone to entertain it for a longer time. There had been so many rumors and reports foretelling the possible release date of this firmware for S2 for a few weeks, but we do have yet any update rolling out.
The recent leak of an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean test firmware I9100XXLSJ at least stores an assurance that the official release is at hand. We have been informed by a Samsung source that the Jelly Bean update to the Samsung Galaxy S2 will not be coming before January 2013 due to the recent vulnerability issues with security in the new Jelly Bean firmware. So it a long time to wait!
But now we have got hands over the leaked test firmware that you can install on your Galaxy S2 and enjoy Jelly Bean till the official release arrives. The firmware can be flashed using Odin method that has been described below. Besides the leaked test firmware we also have a rooted version of the same firmware with root injected. You can download any of the firmwares and and flash it with the same procedure.
Must Read for You:
This is a firmware for Unbranded internationAL version of the Samsung Galaxy S3. Therefore it can be flashed on any S3 (from any country (region) that is not locked to a network/SIM.
Android Version: 4.1.2
Build Date: November 6, 2012
Make sure you make a backup ROM before flashing just in case you need it, if you go wrong somewhere being a noob. CWM compatibility would be added soon to the firmware and this post will be updated.
- This is 100% stock leaked firmware with root and SuperSU injected.
- You will lose CWM Recovery when you install this (since stock kernel will overwrite your CWM). You can just wait couple days until Siyah or Chainfire releases compatible kernel with custom recovery.
How to Install:
- Download the leaked firmware from the link above. Extract the zip.
- Download Odin3_v3.04.zip
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers, if it is not installed on your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your phone: Settings> Developer Options> turn on.
- Boot device into Download/Odin mode: Volume Down+Home+Power keys at the same time. When the screen turns up, press volume up to enter download mode.
- Connect the device to PC via USB Cable.
- If you have downloaded “i9100XXLSJrooted.tar” (the rooted firmware), directly click the PDA button, select it and hit on Start button.
- Follow Step 8,9 and 10 if you have downloaded “I9100XXLSJ_I9100OXXLS1_OXX.zip” (extract the zip).
- Click on PDA and select CODE_I9100XXLSJ.tar
- Click on Phone and select MODEM_I9100XXLS6.tar
- Click on CSC and select CSC_HOME_OXX_I9100OXXLS1.tar
- Hit Start button and wait till you get a PASS! message and the device reboots.
- Done! Your Galaxy S2 I9100 is now on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware.