As the unlock bootloader method and TWRP recovery is now available for the Nexus 5X, it’s development has already started. With new feature and mods now available for the device, the Nexus 5X is getting better with time. Here is a new audio mod that will enable surround sound on Nexus 5X and also boot the volume of the upper speaker.
Courtesy of XDA developer, sshafranko. this mod will activate your handset speaker to work at the same time as your main speaker while playing music, watching videos, movies, when phone rings, and more. However, in order to install the sound mod, boot into TWRP recovery and flash the zip file right away.
Alternatively, you can extract the zip file and place the extracted files in system/etc folder and provide permissions as rw -r -r. However, you will need root access on your device for this method to work.
Now let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Sound MOD for Nexus 5X
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with Nexus 5X only. Do not try it on any other device.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download and install the latest TWRP build. Refer to our detailed tutorial on stock Marshmallow.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage. Download here.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. A full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong.
How to Install Surround Sound Mod on Nexus 5
- Download all the sound mod from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip files where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the sound mod file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Similarly, you can install the second mod.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
If you come across any boot loop or face system errors, flash the revert to stock file or restore full firmware from backup.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.