One aspect of Xiaomi Phones which makes it popular is it’s UI. The MIUI is one of the best looking official ROM that the phone companies provide these days. After all the overall user experience does matter. However, it has not always been the look and feel of the ROM which made it immensely popular. The ROM also offers high-end security features which are necessary in today’s world. But to use MIUI one needs to buy a Xiaomi phone and honestly, not everybody is a fan of them.
Nevertheless, thanks to SoDeadly of XDA for porting the MIUI Chinese ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. Now we can use MIUI on our S6 Edge+ without much of a problem. Many users might be thinking that since this is a Chinese ROM there will be no Google Play Store and Play Services support. Well, at first I thought so but actually, the ROM does support it. Just a few tweaks and changes and the ROM will be running the latest version of the Google Play Store.
Note- We at DroidViews won’t be responsible for any bricked devices or boot loops. Please do some research before flashing the ROM. However, if you followed the steps correctly and got stuck somewhere, don’t worry we will help you. Use the comments section below.
- Stable MIUI 8 ROM based on Android 6.0 (Copy to device’s Internal Storage)
- Root Explorer (Copy to device’s Internal Storage)
- Magisk Manager (Copy to device’s Internal Storage)
- Front Camera Fix (Copy to device’s Internal Storage)
- Make sure to have TWRP recovery installed
- Make sure to have battery life above 60%
Installing MIUI 8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Power off your device.
- Boot into bootloader (To do so hold Power + Volume Up + Home at the same time until boot logo).
- Then, boot into recovery (Use Volume Rockers to navigate and Power to select).
- Click on Install.
- Navigate to the directory where you placed the [.zip] files.
- Select the ROM and swipe right to flash it.
- Then, select the Magisk Manager and swipe right to flash it.
- After that, select the Root Explorer and swipe right to flash it.
- Finally, flash the Front Camera Fix.
- Now, go back to TWRP’s main menu.
- Next, select Reboot» System.
That’s it! The first boot may take a while. Be patient.
- Remember to select English language only when setting up the device for the first time. You can change the language later on from the Settings. If ignored you might land into issues.
- Skip setting up the fingerprint sensor, it is bugged during set up. Do it later from the settings menu.
- If you want to make the ROM full English, download Build.prop editor from the Play Store and change ro.product.mod_device=1_global.
How to Install Gapps and Fix Gapps Issue
- When the device has successfully booted, swipe right on the launcher.
- There will be a Chinese app, click on it.
- Search for Gapps and install it (This will lead to some app crashes at first).
- Then, open the Root Explorer app from your app drawer.
- In the Root Explorer, navigate to /data/local (Here, you will see a userinit.sh file).
- Click on the file and grant root access.
That’s it! This will probably do the trick. Enjoy the MIUI ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. If you have any queries or issues related to this post feel free to ask us in the comments section below. We will be happy to help.