The official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware update has already started rolling out for Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE and a number of lucky users have got the OTA update and are enjoying it. Since the update is being pushed in phases for different parts of the world, it might not be available to many of you. If that be the case, you can still upgrade your Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Thanks to XDA member Viperboy who has released a rooted and CWM Recovery flashable version of the official Android 4.1.1 firmware for HTC Evo 4G LTE. The rooted stock firmware zip can be flashed on any Evo 4G LTE with unlocked bootloader and root access. If you have already rooted your phone, you can directly jump to the installation procedure.
The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE brings all the goodness of Jelly Bean, along-with some to your phone, such as HTC Sense 4+ and Sprint specific optimizations, Google Now, new Google Apps, Project Butter, Tap and Go, etc.
Though the current ROM is a 100% stock based ROM with root injection, flashing it to your Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE might be risky for the device. Neither we at Droidviews nor the developer will be responsible for any damage that might occur to your device. Proceed at your own liability. Your phone must be rooted with CWM Recovery installed on it to be able to install this ROM.
How to Install:
- Download the latest version of the stock rooted ROM from here. Do not extract the zip and copy it to the internal or external SD Card storage on your phone.
- Backup your contacts, call-logs, messages, APNs, bookmarks, calendar, apps & games using these nice free apps.
- Turn off your HTC Evo 4G LTE and boot it into the bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. Then select RECOVERY. Use the volume buttons to navigate and power button to select.
- Select Backup and Restore option in recovery and backup your current ROM.
- Come back to the main menu and select Wipe Data/factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now go to Install Zip from SD Card> Choose Zip from SD Card and select the ROM file.
- Wait for the ROM to install. Once the installation is complete, select Go Back and then select Reboot System from the Main Menu in recovery.
- The first boot might take little longer time than a normal reboot, so be patient.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Stock rooted ROM on your Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE. Enjoy Jelly Bean now!