Google took hold of the Play Edition devices very high with devices like Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One etc. LG G Pad 8.3 is one of the only two supported GPE tablets released in December 2013 and beholds an extraordinary configuration of a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait processor, Adreno 320 GPU, a brilliant 8.3” IPS HD display.
Combining this very combo with Google’s stock OS turns in a great experience for an Android user. One thing that Google’s native users have always enjoyed is the support for latest Android updates right away in least expected time. The latest version of Android i.e KitKat 4.4.4 has just landed on the LG G Pad 8.3 and we here at DroidViews will help you Install KitKat 4.4.4 OTA Update on LG G Pad 8.3 GPE.
The official OTA update has started rolling all-over the world, yet it takes some time. Now for those who are very impatient, like me, can follow this guide, where we will help you to Install KitKat 4.4.4 OTA Update on LG G Pad 8.3 GPE. The OTA file has been successfully grabbed by XDA member oldblue910 at this thread.
DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device, before, during or after this process. Understand the risk and proceed accordingly.
- Un-rooted and completely stock KitKat 4.4.2 KOT49H build installed
- Enable USB debugging. Don’t know how? Follow this guide
- Setup ADB by following the steps here
- Backup Internal storage, SMS, Contacts etc
- USB drivers Installed: Click here
Install KitKat 4.4.4 OTA Update on LG G Pad 8.3 GPE
- Download the OTA update file: ff3c360e108c52aac952f10c3dd4c6c5ce66a3ce.signed-KOT49H.L004_user-KTU84P.L002_user_update.zip
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Open a new Command prompt window and enter the following command to cross check if adb and corresponding drivers are setups properly:
- If it does and outputs a device ID, it means you are good to go below. If not, try re-installing the drivers properly.
- Enter the command to reboot your device into recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
- An exclamation mark will appear with an Android logo, press the Power button and then the Volume Up key, and release them quickly. Your device will boot into stock recovery mode displaying Android system recovery <3e>text on the top.
- In here, only the physical keys of your device are functional. Use the Volume keys to highlight Apply Update from ADB and select it using the Power button.
- Type in the following command to start the updating process:
adb sideload ff3c360e108c52aac952f10c3dd4c6c5ce66a3ce.signed-KOT49H.L004_user-KTU84P.L002_user_update.zip
- The update process carries out for a while and then will display message on the screen when done. Its time now to select Reboot system now.
Your LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition has been updated to KitKat 4.4.4. Enjoy the tasty latest Android version on your GPE tab. Have any queries? Post them down right away.