Samsung Galaxy S4 Active released during June 2013, is an S4 companion bounded to AT&T offers a bit close hardware and software configurations of Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300 processor with a full-HD 5” display and an amazing 8 MP camera with capabilities beyond expectations. The S4 Active has been in the queue for the latest KitKat 4.4 update since a long time, but has still made its journey on schedule. The update was announced during mid-April and started rolling out the very moment possessing the following changes:
- All the latest KitKat 4.4 OS features
- Improvised integration of Photos and Videos in Emails and Messages
- Access Camera App directly from the Lockscreen
- Clipboard (Copy/Paste) features improve
- Location services and menu
This guide will help you easily install KitKat 4.4.2 OTA on Galaxy S4 Active manually. The update has rolled out universally, while some already have it updated, others are waiting long. But, patience is not everyone’s cup of tea, some people just want the update anyhow on their device and so shall we help you do so. This could be done easily by flashing the OTA update using the stock recovery.
Installing OTA updates manually may be harmful and can cause complete data loss. DroidViews or its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Perform every action at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging
- Backup device storage, messages, contacts, calendars
- Install Appropriate USB drivers
- Charge your S4 Active above 60% battery level to avoid any shutdowns during the process
- Make sure the device is running Jellybean 4.3, is not rooted and doesn’t have any Custom Recovery installed
Install KitKat 4.4.2 OTA on Galaxy S4 Active
- KitKat 4.4.2 OTA file.
- Rename the download 2400258.cfg and change it to 2400258.zip.
- Connect the device to the PC via USB cable.
- Transfer the 2400258.zip to the Internal or External storage, on the root of storage and not in any folder (mandatory).
- Disconnect the device.
- Power off the device completely.
- Press the Home + Volume Up + Power buttons altogether simultaneously until the boot logo appears, then release the keys.
- Your device will reboot into stock recovery mode (Use Volume keys to browse and Power button to select).
- If you have your file placed on the Internal Storage, select “Apply update.zip” OR if you have placed it on the External Storage, select “Apply update from external storage“.
- The update will take a little while to install so do not mess with the device or the procedure in any manner.
- Once done, the recovery menu will appear again. Select “Reboot” using the power key.
Your device is now successfully updated to KitKat 4.4.2, enjoy the taste of the latest. Let us know with your feedback through the comments. Wait until we get back with some more stuff for your device.