Following the Sprout4 devices, some of the Sprout8 devices have also received Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates. Here we have the OTA updates that have been rolling out right now and can be installed readily on some of the Android One devices.
The update basically belongs to the Nexian Journey One and another device from the Android One family with codename Sprout. However, the update can also be tried on other Sprout devices like Cherry Mobile One, Mito Impact, MyPhone Uno, Symphony Roar and Evercross One X with no risks involved.
Warning: Even though installing an official update won’t void your device’s warranty, it still isn’t an official procedure and you need to be cautious about it. We won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever.
Nexian Journey One, codename Sprout8 – Download | File: 1f8376c5ace8f2907746fb8cfb098b35a2052436.signed-sprout_b-nexian-mi438s-MRA58M-from-LMY48M.zip
Symphony Roar A50 – Download (Bangladesh/Nepal/Sri Lanka)
Cherry Mobile One – Download (Myanmar)
Mito Impact A10 – Download (Indonesia)
MyPhone Uno – Download (Philippines)
Evercross One X – Coming Soon!
Install Android One Sprout8 Marshmallow OTA Update through Stock Recovery
- Make sure there are no security updates available for your phone prior to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If available, apply these updates to your system and then proceed. Also make sure you have stock recovery. Custom recoveries won’t work unless you use the flashable zip file.
- Download the OTA zip file from the download section for your device.
- Transfer the OTA zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, you need to boot your device into Stock Recovery mode. To boot into recovery, restart your device and press the Volume Down button while booting up. Select stock recovery if an option is available which will take you to the recovery.
- Once your phone boots into Recovery Mode, Select Apply Updates from phone’s storage and navigate to the OTA file you just saved on your phone. Use the volume keys to navigate and power key to confirm the action.
- The installation process will start on your device and take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is completed, it will automatically reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot the system
Now you can enjoy your new firmware. Do let us know about this update. The OTA can be tried on Nexian Journey One, Mito Impact, Cherry Mobile One, MyPhone Uno, Symphony Roar. Be sure to create a backup before you proceed. For queries, comment down below.