Seems like the Android One devices have entered the Marshmallow league too. Some low-cost Android One devices have been receiving Android 6.0 Marshmallow over-the-air. Looks like Nexus devices aren’t the only one to receive the latest Android version 6.0 so early.
Micromax Canvas A1 with codename Sprout is one of the first Android One devices to have received the Marshmallow OTA update sized 338 MB. As time goes by more and more devices have been added to the list.
The update is available for download for all the Android One 1st Generation device with codename Sprout4 along with other devices like Karbonn Sparkle V, Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream Uno.
We have also listed a flashable zip OTA file that can be flashed through a custom recovery like TWRP over Android One Sprout4 devices. However, if you happen to go through this process, do make sure that you are on the updated Android 5.1.1 firmware, with build no. exactly LMY48M. This is the base firmware required by Marshmallow update.
Warning: Although installing an official update won’t void your device’s warranty, it still isn’t an official procedure and you need to be cautious about it. We won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever.
Android One 1st Gen device, codename Sprout4 — Link | File: dc78fbefaf5f69cc4754751251d9ece094bc96e6.signed-sprout-mmx-MRA58M-from-LMY48M.zip
Karbonn Sparkle V — Link
Micromax Canvas A1 AQ4501 — Link
Spice Dream Uno — Link
Flashable zip update for Android One Sprout4 devices — Link | File: update.zip (338 MB) [For custom recoveries only]
Install Android One Sprout4 Marshmallow OTA Update through Stock Recovery
- Make sure there are no security updates available for your phone prior to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If available, apply these updates to your phone. Also, make sure you have stock recovery. Custom recoveries won’t work.
- Download the OTA zip file from the download section for your device.
- Transfer the OTA zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, you need to boot your device into Stock Recovery mode. To boot into recovery, restart your device and press the Volume Down button while booting up. Select stock recovery if an option is available which will take you to the recovery.
- Once your phone boots into Recovery Mode, Select Apply Updates from phone’s storage and navigate to the OTA file you just saved on your phone. Use the volume keys to navigate and power key to confirm the action.
- The installation process will start on your device and take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is completed, it will automatically reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot the system
Now you can enjoy your new firmware. Do let us know about this update. If you have rooted device, then we have a flashable zip OTA update listed in the download section that can be installed readily. The OTA zip is compatible with Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V, Spice Dream UNO, MyPhone Uno, Symphony Roar A50. (8GB variant only) For installation instructions via TWRP, get to this link. For queries, comment down below.