The Galaxy S7, S6, and their Edge variants have already received and have been still getting the Android Nougat update. It was just a matter of time for the Galaxy Note 5, which was launched after the S6, to receive Android Nougat. The good news is, Samsung has started rolling out the long awaited update to the SM-N920C model of the device. And if you own this model, today we’ll be describing how you can install the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920C) using Odin.
If you don’t want to install the full firmware manually, you can keep checking for the Nougat OTA’s availability in your country by going to Settings> About device and tapping Software update.
Android Nougat is a really big update because it comes with a lot of new features, changes, performance improvements, bug fixes and many UI-related tweaks. In case curious about what is new in this update, you must take a look at some of the major points we’ve highlighted below.
- Completely new quick settings panel.
- New features in the phone and contacts apps.
- New battery management feature for better battery performance. Customizable presets for Medium power and Maximum power saving modes. The App Power Monitor detects inactive apps consuming the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- You can now enjoy multitasking by taking advantage of Nougat’s split-screen feature.
- New effects and filters in the camera app. To view the effects, just swiping left to right after launching the camera app.
- The new Samsung Internet and Samsung Pass allow you to login websites and apps using the fingerprint scanner. You need not remember multiple login credentials for various sites as Samsung Pass securely stores your login details.
- You can now improve your phone’s performance whenever you want using the Performance Mode that allows you to choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes to optimize battery consumption and improve device performance.
- The new keyboard is configured updates language data automatically and provide better predictions.
- You can now choose between QHD and full HD display resolution.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy Note 5
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Note5
- Model: SM-N920C
- Software version: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Security Patch Level: 2017-03-01
- PDA: N920CXXU3CQC7
- CSC: N920COJV3CQC7
Note: The firmwares provided below is carrier-unbranded. It means it can be installed on any Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that is not locked to a network operator regardless of country and region. If you Note 5’s model number is SM-N920C, you can install it even if you are not from Turkey.
Saudi Arabia: N920CXXU3CQC7_N920COJV3CQC7_WTL.zip
Israel (Cellcom): N920CXXU3CQC7_N920COJK3CQC1_CEL.zip
Israel (Orange/Partner): N920CXXU3CQC7_N920COJK3CQC1_PTR.zip
Saudi Arabia: N920CXXU3CQC7_N920COJV3CQC7_EGY.zip
South Africa: N920CXXU3CQC7_N920COJV3CQC7_XFE.zip
(More firmware will be added as they are available.)
Install Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920C)
Now here are the Android Nougat firmware installation instructions.
- Download Odin3_v3.12.3.zip and unzip it.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer if you don’t have installed them already.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Backup your apps and data as a precaution.
- Unzip the firmware zip file you downloaded from above. You will get a file with .tar.md5 extension inside the extracted folder.
- Boot your Galaxy Note 5 into the Download or Odin mode. To do so, turn off your phone and press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds to boot your phone into the Download mode. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key.
- When your phone gets into the Download mode, open the Odin folder double-click the .exe file to launch it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- When your device is detected by Odin, the ID:COM port will be highlighted (see below).
- Then click the AP button and add the firmware file to it. Since the firmware file is huge in size, it might take some time for it to be added in Odin.
- Having added all files, make sure your Odin’s screen looks like as shown below.
- Finally, click the Start button to initiate the installation and wait until the installation completes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable. Since the first boot takes about 5-8 minutes, you need to wait patiently.
When your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 boots up, go through the initial setup and then you’ll be able to enjoy the all new Android Nougat on your phone.