The original Samsung Galaxy A7, which was released in 2014, recently got the Marshmallow update. Since the phone was successful, the Korean giant launched a newer version of the device in December 2015. The new Galaxy A7 (2016 version) came with Android Lollipop out of the box and everybody was expecting the Android Marshmallow update as early as in March. It came late but finally, it’s here.
Yes, if you own the new Galaxy A7 with model number SM-A710F, you can taste the not-so-fresh flavor of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your phone right now. The Marshmallow OTA is currently being rolled out in the countries like Russia, Ukraine, and Turkey. But if you belong to some other country, you can still update your phone by flashing the Android 6.0.1 firmware on your Galaxy A7 manually.
In case you’re curious about the new changes that come with the Marshmallow update, we’ve listed some major features below:
- A few tweaks in the user interface.
- Faster performance and enhanced security.
- New search and quick scrolling feature in the app drawer.
- Google Now on Tap feature can now be enabled by holding the Home button.
- The new Doze and App Standby features, and power management tweaks let you enjoy better battery life.
- Efficient management of app permissions.
Download Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy A7 SM-A710F
Firmware details | Samsung Galaxy A7
- Model number: SM-A710F
- OS Version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- PDA: A710FXXU1BPG5
- Phone: A710FOJV1BPG1
- CSC: The CSC is mentioned in the firmware names.
- Release Date: September 07, 2016
More firmwares and mirrors will be added as soon as they are available.
- Download the firmware zip file. Extract it to get the actual firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 and extract the downloaded zip.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy A7 SM-A710F by going to Settings> Developers options on your Galaxy A7 SM-A710F.
- Backup your data and installed apps as a precaution.
- Make sure that your A7 has at least 60% battery before starting.
Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update on Galaxy A7 SM-A710F
Having downloaded the firmware and made the preparations mentioned above, you can now follow the installation steps.
- Boot your Galaxy A7 into the Download mode by turning it off and then by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for about 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with yellow exclamation mark, release the keys and then press the Volume Up key to get into the Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the stock USB cable that came with your phone. When your device is detected by the computer, the ID:COM port in Odin will turn blue and you’ll see “Added!!” in Odin’s log box.
- Now click the AP button in Odin and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the Start button to start the firmware installation.
- Wait until the firmware is installed and when it finishes, you will get PASS! message on Odin.
- After that, your Galaxy A7 will reboot automatically.
Please note that the first boot after installing a new firmware takes longer than usual. Please wait for about 5 to 10 minutes. When the device boots up and you will be able to enjoy the newly installed Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your Galaxy A7 SM-A710F.
In case your Galaxy does not boot normally even after 10 minutes and is stuck on the Samsung logo, perform a data factory reset via stock recovery. You can find the instructions for doing that in the following tutorial.