The Samsung Galaxy A8 is a mid-range phone. It was launched in the second quarter of 2015 with Android Lollipop firmware out of the box. As it was expected, the Galaxy A8 recently received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update via OTA. Vietnam was the first country to receive the update and now it’s available in some other countries too.
If you own the SM-A800I model of the Samsung Galaxy A8 and have not been able to get the software update notification yet for some reason, you should stop waiting now. Today we’re here with the full Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for the Galaxy A8 SM-A800I. You can download the firmware file from below and install it manually using Odin tool.
Since the firmwares provided below are unbranded, they can be installed on any Galaxy A8 SM-A800I regardless of country and region.
This tutorial is meant only for Galaxy A8 SM-A800I, so don’t try to install the firmware on any other model. Make sure to take care of all preparatory steps and follow the installation procedure carefully. We won’t be responsible if you make any mistake and end up with a bricked phone.
Download Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy A8 SM-A800I
- Download the firmware zip file and extract it to get the actual firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 and extract the downloaded zip.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy A7 SM-A710F by going to Settings> Developers options on your Galaxy A7 SM-A710F.
- Backup your data and installed apps as a precaution.
- Make sure that your A7 has at least 60% battery before starting.
Install Marshmallow Firmware on Galaxy A8 SM-A800I
Having downloaded the firmware and made the preparations, follow the steps described below:
- Boot your Galaxy A8 into the Download mode by turning it off and then by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for about 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with yellow exclamation mark, release the keys and then press the Volume Up key to get into the Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the stock USB cable that came with your phone. When your device is detected by the computer, the ID:COM port in Odin will turn blue and you’ll see “Added!!” in Odin’s log box. In case Odin does not detect your phone, you can troubleshoot by trying the following things: Reboot your phone and turn off USB Debugging and turn it on again. Try reinstalling the Samsung USB Drivers. Try changing the USB cable and connecting to other ports.
- Now click the AP button in Odin and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the Start button to start the firmware installation.
- Wait until the firmware is installed and when it finishes, you will get PASS! message on Odin. It’s the green signal that indicates a successful installation. In case you get a Fail! message, make sure you go through all the requirements carefully and try again.
- Your phone will now reboot automatically.
Just wait for a few minutes until your Galaxy A8 boots up and then you’ll be able to enjoy the newly installed Marshmallow firmware on your phone.
If you come across boot loop, perform a data factory reset by following the steps described the following tutorial:
For detailed guide on how to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy device, get to the following link: