The legacy continues of the Galaxy Note devices and so the Galaxy Note 3 was released during September 2013. And It didn’t even took months for the carrier branded Note 3 to reach out the market having a Full-HD 5.7 inches display, Snapdragon 800 chipset and a Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 processor, all of which are par excellence. . One such variant is the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A which is bound to the AT&T network. While all other carriers like T-Mobile, Sprint and U.S Cellular have got their updates pushed, its time for the AT&T to line up.
The new update is labelled as build N900AAUCUCNC2 which is based on KitKat 4.4.2 KOT49H. The OTA update size is around 554 MB. So in case if you have not yet received the update notification and are curious enough, you can install it easily using this guide. Make sure to have Installed a stock firmware which is not rooted and does not have any custom recovery installed, to do so click the link below and return back to stock firmware completely. This guide will help you easily install Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA on AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-900A.
- We shall not be responsible for any damage to your device. Perform everything at your own risk.
- The Guide is meant only and only for the AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A. Do not attempt to use it on any other variant or device.
After downloading the file, do not forget to rename it as update.zip.
Install KitKat OTA on AT&T Galaxy Note 3
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable
- Copy the update.zip to the root of the internal or external storage and not in any folder.
- Disconnect your device and switch it off.
- Hold down the Volume up + Home + Power buttons until you see the Galaxy Note 3 logo screen and then release the keys. Your device will boot into stock recovery mode.
- If you have transferred the zip to internal storage then using the volume keys highlight Apply update zip and select it using the Power button.
- If you have transferred the zip to external storage then using the volume keys highlight Apply update from external storage and select it using the Power button.
- The process will take some time, so kindly be patient. Once done, select Reboot from the main menu of the recovery.
The first boot might take a bit longer than usual, don’t worry. Enjoy the latest Android version on your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A and don’t forget to tell us about your experience on the new update.