Having root access on an Android device offers many benefits. If you have rooted your device, you automatically grow into an advanced super user who can customize his device and extract the best performance out of it. You can find thousands of apps at the Google Play Store that require root on a device to be installed. These apps can not only boost the performance of your device but they can also enhance its usability and functionality. Besides, you can also find various mods, kernels and custom ROMs for your rooted device and thus make your experience richer. Rooting gives you so much but voids the warranty of your device which can be recovered anytime by installing the official firmware back.
A couple of days ago we posted a tutorial on how to manually update your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware but the rooting tutorial for the device was what we missed at Droidviews. Therefore, we are here again to help you with rooting your Tab 7.0 Plus. Update your Tab 7.O to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware.
Before you proceed to root your Tab, make sure you take care of the following preparatory steps.
- Download Odin and unzip the file on your desktop: Odin3-v3.07.zip
- Download the CWM recovery for Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200: GT-P6200-recovery.tar.md5
- Download the CWM flashable SuperUser zip and copy it to your device: Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- Rooting does not wipe data from your device but we recommend that you backup all device data present on internal storage.
- Charge your device to ensure 60% battery power.
- Turn on USB Debugging from Settings> Developer Options.
Quick Steps to Root and Install CWM:
Here are the quick steps to install ClockworkMod recovery and root your Tab 7.0 Plus.
- Boot your device into Download mode by pressing Volume Down+Power buttons.
- Launch Odin and connect the device to PC using a USB cable. Wait till Odin detect your device.
- Click on PDA button and select “GT-P6200-recovery.tar.md5″.
- Click Start button on Odin and wait till you see PASS! message and your device reboots.
- When device boots up, turn it off again and boot into recovery mode using Volume Up+Power buttons.
- Use Volume keys to scroll up and down and Power key to select an option.
- Scroll to “install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard” and select “Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip” file.
- Select “yes” on the next screen to confirm the installation.
- When it is finished, go back and reboot the device.
Your Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200 should now be rooted. To verify root look for a new app called SuperSU in your device’s app drawer. To check the root access, you can install the Root Checker app from the market.