If you own a Xperia Z3 device and looking forward to updating your it with the latest firmware, then here’s a good news for all of you. Now you can install any firmware version of your choice right from your custom recovery. So you no longer need to go through all the tiring process of reverting to stock recovery, unrooting, and then if you get lucky, you receive the OTA updates.
Here is a collection of all the stock firmwares for Xperia Z3 ready to be flashed on your device with TWRP. Moreover, the ROMs are pre-rooted, so you no longer need to worry about losing superuser access. With this, you get a wide range of firmwares to choose from. You can install the latest Android 5.1.1 firmware or the KitKat firmware onto your Xperia Z3. You can flash a firmware with specific Baseband version. Plus you get XZ dual recovery.
Before we begin make sure you have one of the Xperia Z3 variants listed in this tutorial. As it is a flashable zip file, you need a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device. For XZ dual recovery to work, make sure your bootloader is locked.
- The available updates are compatible with Sony Xperia Z3 D6603, D6633, D6653 variants only. Make sure you have one of the two variants and a proper zip file.
- You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your Xperia Z3 variant with a locked bootloader. Click here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so that you can transfer the ROM update file to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root your device or install a pre-rooted ROM. We at DroidViews shall not be responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
- Download | Flashable pre-rooted stock ROM for Xperia Z3 D6603, D6633, D6653.
How to Install Stock Xperia Z3 ROM with TWRP Recovery
- Download the flashable ROM zip file for your Xperia Z3 variant from the download section.
- Now transfer the file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe right to confirm. Although wiping Data is optional, if your system gives an error after flashing the ROM, you will need to wipe it.
- Go to the TWRP main menu or home screen again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM update file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once you see the Sony logo and boot animation, that means you have installed it successfully. If you come across bootloop or system errors, you can restore your previous ROM from the TWRP backup. For queries, comment down below.