How could we ever forget Nokia’s first Android OS based flagship, the Nokia X. It is Nokia’s first initiative step towards its entrance in the Android world. The company has concentrated on creating a smartphone which supports Android OS in an affordable budget and has almost succeeded in doing so.
The Nokia X is a strong Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1GHz Cortex-A5 device supporting the new Nokia X platform UI. So, if you have been waiting long for a powerful and nominal priced Android-based smartphone, then Nokia has it fulfilled for you. No matter its Nokia, the Custom Android world has not spared anyone, so if you’re excited to push your device’s limitations, you are at the right place.
Here, we will help you easily Install Custom Recovery on Nokia X. The question you would now ask is “Why should I install a custom recovery?”, the answer lies in your choice. If you’re willing to Install a Custom ROM, Kernel or tweaks, a Custom Recovery like CWM/TWRP is essential to be installed on your device.
It will assist you to perform various operations like clear device partitions, flashing zip files, managing storage content and much more. For now, the two major Custom Recoveries i.e CWM and TWRP are already available unofficially via dhacker29 on XDA. The available version for CWM is 22.214.171.124 and that of TWRP is 126.96.36.199.
Installing a Custom Recovery breaks your device’s warranty, DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be responsible for any damage to your device. Perform every action at your own risk.
Root Nokia X:
To gain access on your Nokia X, head over to our rooting tutorial.
- Backup your device completely
- Charge your device above 60% battery level
- Install Android SDK and setup ADB
- Enable USB Debugging
- CWM flashable image file
- TWRP flashable image file
Install CWM/ TWRP Recovery on Nokia X
- Download the CWM or TWRP recovery as per your choice.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Open the folder where the CWM or TWRP image files have been downloaded.
- Press SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside that folder. Select Open Command Prompt Here.
- Enter the following command to reboot your device into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Enter the following command to Install CWM recovery:
fastboot -i 0x0421 flash recovery cwm-6048-normandy.img
- Enter the following command to Install TWRP recovery:
fastboot -i 0x0421 flash recovery TWRP-188.8.131.52-normandy.img
- The process will take hardly a few seconds. Once done, enter the below command to reboot your device:
- To boot into recovery mode, once you have entered into OS, type the following command in command prompt window:
adb reboot recovery
Voila! You have CWM/TWRP installed your Nokia X. Begin with flashing new stuff but be aware of the risks that come with it. Visit the XDA threads for more information the recovery and its development. The developer has worked hard, kindly show your appreciation via a suitable sum of donation.