Gmail is a powerful email client that boosts of some pretty useful features. Due to its lightweight, easy to use, cross-device compatibility it has become the go-to option in dealing with personal and professional emails. Various of its add-ons and extensions further complements the rich user experience. And now we will be discussing another important feature of this famous email client. Through this guide, we will have a look at how to add a signature at the end of emails in Gmail.
Although some of you might be using it for long, not everyone is on the same wavelength as you. Moreover, the feature is buried deep inside and hence doesn’t do any justice either. So let’s begin the guide and have a look at the steps to add signature in Gmails. Just for your information, this method is applicable even if you send emails in confidential mode.
What are Signatures in Gmail
Signature in Gmail is more of an identity, which describes the sender of the email. It will also help in increasing the authenticity of your email. But one the biggest advantage of this feature is the amount of time and effort it saves. For example, professional emails more often than not end with the Regards keyword, which is followed by the sender’s name, place and contact information (in some cases). Suppose you have to send numerous emails in a single day. in such cases, you will have to enter the same information every time, leading to unnecessary time and effort wastage.
This is where the Signature feature of Gmail comes in handy. All you have to do is feed in this information into your Signature and Gmail will automatically append this into every mail you are about to send. Moreover, you may even add an image representing your organization, a digital signature, etc. Follow the below instructions to add your personalized. Also, don’t forget to check out 7 secret Gmail for Android tips and tricks for more such handy tips.
Adding Custom Signatures (Windows)
- Open Gmail on your desktop and head over to Inbox.
- Now click on the gear icon which would be the rightmost icon, just above your emails.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings. Now you should automatically be taken to the General tab. If not, just select the same from the top menu bar.
- Now, scroll down until you reach the Signature section of Gmail.
- Click on the second circle, just below the No Signature option, as shown in the image.
- Enter the required information that you want to be displayed in the signature section of Gmail. You may take the help of various formatting features as well. These include making the text bold, italic, change its size, color, style, etc. But if you are dealing with professional emails, it is advised not to do so.
There is, however, an important feature that you should definitely try out. In my signature above, you might notice the LinkedIn image. It is not just an image but contains the link to my LinkedIn profile. Although you may hyperlink the same on the LinkedIn text, this gives a more pleasing look to your email. Head over to the next section and see how to add images in the signature section of Gmail.
Deleted any important email by mistake? Refer to the guide to know how you can recover permanently deleted emails in Gmail.
Adding Images and Links to Signatures
First of all, get your hands on the image as well as the URL of the profile you are interested in displaying. This could be any, your Facebook, Twitter or even a YouTube profile. Once downloaded the image and copied your profile’s URL, follow the steps to add images to your signature in Gmail.
- Go to your Signature section under Settings > General.
- Click on the Insert Image icon. You may now add an image from Google Drive, hard disk or from the web.
- The added image will now appear in your signature. Click on it once and chose the desired size of the image.
- Now to hyperlink this to your profile, select the entire image and click on the Link icon.
- Under Link to, select Web address and enter your profile’s URL. Once done, click on OK. That’s it you have successfully added a hyperlink to an image in your signature in Gmail.
That’s it. Now you may start sending emails with your personal signatures. However, if you wish to send them at a later date, see how to send scheduled emails in Gmail. Lets now move our attention to the Android version and have a look at how to add signatures in the Gmail app on Android.
Add Signature in Gmail App (Android)
In the Gmail, app, you could only set a text as a signature. it doesn’t provide the option of setting an image or hyperlink. With that in mind, refer to the below steps to add a signature in the Gmail app.
- Open the Gmail app on your Android device and tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines at the top left).
- Scroll to the bottom until you reach the Settings section.
- Now select your desired account for which you need to add a signature.
- Under General section, tap on Mobile signature.
- Enter the required text and click on OK.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to add signatures in Gmail. Setting up the signature for both the platforms have been discussed here. Do share your views on the same, down in the comments section.