If you have been paying attention, you would have probably noticed how the navigation bar is redesigned in the latest Google phones Pixel and Pixel XL. Unlike the old hollow navigation bar icons, the new icons are filled with a solid white color. And to make it even more interesting, there is a cool new animation whenever you press the home icon. Long pressing the home icon (to call up Google Assistant) has a new animation as well. It’s good to see Google paying attention to detail in even the smallest of things, really.
I own a OnePlus 3 and every single day the developers are giving me a new reason to love it even more. Oh yeah, one more awesome mod has popped up today for our beloved OnePlus 3! And with my lengthy intro about the Pixel navigation bar above, you would have probably guessed what the mod is all about. Yes, the new mod helps you get the latest navigation bar from Pixel, complete with animations and all. Ain’t that awesome! Let us take a moment and thank the XDA Forum member jassycliq, who has brought us this one awesome mod.
What the mod offers:
If you have not seen the Google Pixel (or its navigation bar, in particular) here’s a quick look at what the mod will offer you:
Looks pretty rad, right?
Download Pixel Navigation Bar mod for OnePlus 3/3T:
Your OnePlus 3/3T needs to be bootloader unlocked, rooted and should have a custom recovery.
Please click below to download the mod (.zip file) for OnePlus 3/3T:
Don’t miss: Download and Install OnePlus 3/3T Control Center
Do note that the same .zip file can be used for both the phones: OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.
Install Pixel Navigation Bar mod for OnePlus 3/3T:
Caution: Make a complete Nadroid Backup of your ROM before proceeding!
Follow the below steps to install the mod on your phone:
- Place the zip file downloaded from above in your phone memory.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP.
- Power Down the OnePlus 3/3T.
- After the phone is completely switched off – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Buttons at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding these two buttons past the OnePlus/Android Splash Screen that appears.
- When the phone boots into Recovery Mode, release the power and volume down buttons.
- Assuming you have successfully booted into TWRP recovery, tap on ‘Install’ from the available options. You will be asked to choose a file to flash/install. Browse and select the downloaded file and then ‘Swipe to install.’
- Reboot your device.
You OnePlus 3/3T will now rock a Pixel-like navigation bar. We are now one step closer towards completely pixelifying (yeah, I just came up with that word) our OnePlus. Stay tuned to DroidViews for more such awesome mods!
Recommended for you: Enjoy All Pixel Features on OnePlus 3/3T