Launcher and widgets are some of the most popular means to customize the homescreen of our Android devices. Every devices comes with a branded home launcher but the very prospect of being able to experience the launcher and widgets from some other device always thrills us. We keep seeking for change and variation to satisfy our appetite for novelty and that is the key to the popularity of 3rd party launcher apps. While the home replacement toys from the Play Store are easy to find and install, we get very few opportunities to enjoy the stock home launcher from other smartphones.
All of us desire to have the stock launcher and widgets from some popular Android devices. It is quite ironical that in many cases people root their phones to get rid of the launcher that comes by installing a ROM and then feel nostalgic about the forsaken launcher. People dump launchers like TouchWiz and Sense and go for AOSP ROMs and then feel a strong desire to “pine for what is not”.
As we always say, rooting is a kind of magical wand in the world of Android that can fulfill most of such wishes. Thanks to the adventurous Android community which always keeps refining what we already have and discovering what we really don’t. At DroidViews, we miss no opportunity to share any new port or mod that comes our way. And that is why, we have a huge collection of stock launchers, widgets, and wallpapers from Android devices. You can browse and download all of them by clicking the links below:
Stock Launcher & Widgets from Other Android Phones
In the past, we shared the ported Galaxy S4 launcher and widgets for Android devices with Jelly Bean. Now here is another version of the TouchWiz launcher and AccuWeather widget from S4 ported by emwno from XDA. The launcher and widget have been tested on Android devices on with Android 4.1 and 4.2 with following ROMs.
I tested them on my Galaxy S3, HTC One and a friend’s Xperia Z and they worked like a charm. It is available for Android devices with the following screen resolutions: MDPI, HDPI, XHDPI and XXHDPI. The port, however, does not work with Samsung MDPI devices with stock TouchWiz.
Besides those shown in the post image above, here are a few more screenshots of the Galaxy S4 launcher and weather widget.
If you have made up you mind to get the launcher and widget on your Android phone, download the appropriate version of flashable zip, corresponding to your screen size, from below:
To give you Android phone a perfect Galaxy S4 look, also download the S4 stock wallpapers.
If you have a non-TouchWiz ROM installed on your device, you can also try the Galaxy S4 package that contains the following apps from the phone:
- Samsung Calculator
- Samsung Apps Store
- Samsung File Manager
- TouchWiz Launcher
- AccuWeather Widget
- Samsung Yahoo Widget
- S Voice
- S4 Ringtones and Notification sounds
- Samsung Memo
- An Android phone with 4.1 or 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Root Access
- CWM or TWRP Recovery installed
How to Install:
If you have ever installed a ROM or mod on your phone using CWM or TWRP, installing the S4 launcher and widget should be any problem for you. In case you not an advanced user, here are the easy steps:
- Download and copy the zip file/s to your phone.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. In case you do not know how to do it, head over to this guide.
- Important: Having entered the CWM/TWRP recovery mode, go to backup and restore option and backup your current ROM first.
- No go to “advanced” and “wipe dalvik cache” (do it before and after installation). TWRP users can tap on Wipe> Advanced wipe and then select the “Dalvik” wipe option only.
- Go back to “install zip from sd card” (in CWM) or “Install” option (in TWRP).
- Navigate to the S4 Launcher zip and install it.
- If you also wish to install the S4 App Package, repeat Step 5.
- When you are done with installing, go back to main menu and reboot your system.
When your phone boots up, you will be asked to select a launcher. Select TouchWiz Home. You can now enjoy the Galaxy S4 launcher and AccuWeather widget on your device. Cheers!