Android devices hold the major share of the market because of its Open Source tag which attracts a lot of developers to dig deeper. However this is not the case for proprietary OS like IOS and Windows, they will be stuck with the stock flavour more or less. Android gives the freedom to modify the way system works and hence we see a lot of custom ROMs in the developers forums daily.
If your device is from a popular OEM like Samsung, then you have nothing to worry about software support. Being a device in the Samsung flagship series, the Galaxy S3 gets frequent custom ROMs and mods that will redesign the entire device UI. But as all Android lovers, you might want to get the touch of latest UI on your S3 which is the looks of S5.
The trademarked GlamourS5 custom ROM by henrylife is now available for the Galaxy S3 which brings the looks of Galaxy S5. The GlamourS5 ROM bring many features to the Galaxy S3 like the S5’s lockscreen, settings, smart scroll & pause and much more which brings close to the S5 theme.
This ROM is packed with all S5 apps including the framework, so you will notice the Galaxy S5 touch at every place in the ROM. So if you want to taste the S5 UI on your old S3 without spending a penny, then this ROM is especially for you and we will help you in installing this beautiful ROM. Follow the guide below for the installation process Enjoy Galaxy S5 features on your Galaxy S3 with GlamourS5 ROM
This Guide is intended only for the Galaxy S3, not for any other device of Samsung. Be extra cautious when you choose the custom ROMs as flashing the wrong ones might result in a bricked device.
Flashing Roms using custom recovery will void your device warranty either temporarily or permanently. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
- Charge your Galaxy S3 above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- A custom recovery to flash the ROM. If you don’t have one, follow our TWRP recovery guide for Galaxy S3 → Click Here
- Take a nandroid backup of your device using the recovery. For guide, → Click Here
Install GlamourS5 ROM on Galaxy S3
- Download the GlamourS5 ROM and transfer it to your device using a USB cable.
- Reboot your device into Recovery mode. The standard procedure to enter recovery on Galaxy S5 is to Turn off the phone then hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together for 3-4 seconds. Alternatively, you can use a reboot manager app:Reboot Manager (*ROOT*) Price: Free
- Now make a full wipe of the device which includes the cache, dalvik cache and System.
- Now flash the ROM file from the recovery menu. For any guidance on flashing ROM files → Click Here
- Reboot the device.
That’it, the device takes longer to boot for the first time because the cache is built during first boot.
Leave your feedback in the comments section below.