Just imagine a day without no data network! We depend on the internet for so many things. It has made our lives easier, more active and more entertaining. most of us use a broadband connection for PCs and mobile network when we are not home. Many people use WiFi tethering or hotspot feature to share the data of their phone with other smartphones and laptops. Most people using mobile network or a WiFi connection to connect to the Internet.
While WiFi tethering is a commonly found feature on most SIM-unlocked smartphones, it might not be available for free on some devices. Some network operators charge an extra amount of fee to let you share your own data with other devices. It’s really very unfortunate! Why do we need to buy separate data plans or each device?
Telecom carriers like AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile etc. restrict their users from using the WiFi tethering feature for free. The corporate greed to monetize the services has hit the peaks with the WiFi tethering restrictions on the data plans. Fortunately, Android is an open source platform with thousands of talented enthusiasts who keep tinkering with their devices to find a workaround to make such imposed restrictions ineffective.
Last year, we shared a trick to enable WiFi tethering feature on some devices like the Sprint Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and Galaxy Note 4 without root. The good news is the same trick works on the Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge too. By following the simple steps given below, you can easily bypass the restriction on the WiFi tethering feature on the above-mentioned devices.
Note: The method described below may or may not work on some Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices because sometimes carriers tend to patch such exploits through firmware updates.
Enable WiFi Tethering on Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge without Root
- The first thing you need is your MSL code from Sprint. You can do this by simply calling the Sprint customer service and ask to provide you the MSL code after saying an alibi like slow connection. You can also use any MSL Utility app that is working on your device. Some users have reported that the MSL Utility app did not work for them.
- Now open the dialer and enter ##DATA# (##3282#)
- Click on the Edit button in the popup and enter your MSL code and click OK.
- Now navigate to APN settings from the Mobile Networks menu and open APN2 EHRPD Internet and APN2 LTE internet individually and change APN Type to default, MMS, dun.
- Save the settings in both the APN configurations and reboot the device.
You should now be able to enjoy WiFi tethering on your Sprint Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge for free. Having tried the method, please don’t forget to share the results with us via comments. Thanks!