Open source is the key feature that we like in the Android OS. We have the freedom to choose what we want, and we can alter what we don’t like in the Android. This is the freedom that comes with the Open Source platform, to choose what we like. However, we completely don’t agree on Telecom Carriers putting restrictions on the features in the Smartphones.
Most of the US and European Smartphones were sold under the Carrier bonds due to their cheap prices. You may get the Smartphone almost at one third of the actual price. But the Carriers suck the money from the users in the form of Carrier charges. This entire process is unfair and you might sometimes feel to change the carrier before the bond ends.
But breaking the Carrier bonds needs a lump some amount to be paid to the carrier to get the unlock code. Another sweating thing is that you have to approach a new carrier for the new CID and MID for your device to get the Carrier related software installed on your device. This is a long a tiresome process, so let’s do this yourself.
Today we will see how to change CID and MID on HTC One devices in a simple manner. Follow the guide carefully to get through the process in a safe manner. This guide is not suitable for Sprint devices, so Sprint users kindly avoid this guide.
This Guide is intended only for the HTC One devices not for any other device of HTC. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
PREPARE YOUR DEVICE
- Charge your HTC One above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Make sure your HTC One is S-OFF’d. If you have not done this yet, you can easily S-OFF your HTC One using Firewater method.
- Install HTC Sync or HTC USB Drivers on your computer: Download here
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Settings> Developer options. If you do not find Developer option under device settings, read the instructions given here.
- Either setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer, or download the Minimal Fastboot/ADB tool and unzip it: mfastboot-v2.zip
- A custom recovery on your HTC One device to flash Zip files.
CHANGE CID AND MID ON HTC ONE
Changing CID and MID on the HTC One devices are two different process, so follow them one-by-one.
Changing CID on HTC One
- First thing you need is to know the CID of the carrier you want to migrate. Thanks to XDA member MrKongeniality, we have almost all the CID’s on the XDA thread → Click Here
- Open a command prompt in the Fastboot folder by right clicking on the mouse in the empty space of the folder while holding the Shift key.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable and reboot your device into bootloader by typing the following command in the command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type the following command in the Cmd to change the CID on your device:
fastboot oem writecid <CID name>
For instance, to migrate to the T-Mobile, you need to type:
fastboot oem writecid T-MOB010
- Now reboot your device using the following command:
That’s it, you have successfully changed the CID on your HTC One device.
Changing MID on HTC One
- Download the MID Change tool developed by Golv of XDA → Click Here
- Transfer the file to the SDcard and reboot the device into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery, install the Zip file. Since the mod is an Aroma installer based, you will get an on-screen guide to change the MID.
- Select the MID of the carrier you wish to migrate to and press OK.
- The installer will do the rest. You just lay back on your couch for a moment.
Note: If the install process stops at 0%, hold the Power button for about ten seconds, or until the phone reboots, and repeat the process.
- Reboot your device once done.
That’s it, you have successfully changed the MID on your HTC One device.
So the process was easy, right?
Leave your feedback in the comments section below.
I have a doubt;
I’m using a T-Mobile HTC One M9, but I already SIM unlocked it and is using different sim.
But now, I wanna change its OS from Carrier to Developer (Unlocked).
So do I need to Change the CID and MID for the process?
this MID tool is for M7.. kindly post the tool for m9
i get 2 errors on the mid changer one says the footer is wrong and the other says the e signature cant be verified.
After s-off can I use custom rom for m8 on my HTC one e8 m8sd?am new to rooting and flashing so ur help will be appreciated,thanks.
We can have the same for the t6ul please
DO NOT DOWNLOAD. This peice of shit is full of virus’s and addwear. What a fuck you are for putting this shit out there.
Hi Jay, we only shared the original link to the tool provided by the developer. Next, you seem to click the wrong link for downloading the tool. Anyway, I have now replaced the download link with Mediafire.
P.S. You should have kept some restraint over your language and I would have really thanked you for reporting the issue. It’s a community work where a thing is developed by someone and shared by others.
firewater is officially discontinued, please read…….