Samsung has started to release Marshmallow update for its last year’s flagship devices, but Galaxy S6 Edge Plus users seem to be last on the list to get the update for latest Android version. The update for Galaxy Edge Plus is only available on devices from Korea only. You still have to wait for the update if you are a Galaxy S6 Edge+ user from a different region.
The new features in the latest iteration of Android, Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 are the power-saving feature Doze, better control over app permissions, Google Now on Tap and the ability to adjust audio speed when playing video. Galaxy S6 Edge+ users now can enjoy some new Edge panels that are also included in the update.
The update also includes many visual changes, status bar, and quick toggles menus are now fully white instead of blue, the power menu has been redesigned, and a few app icons have been changed as well. The pro mode in Camera app now includes the option to control Shutter speeds as well. Without further ado let’s start with the guide to Install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S6 Edge+ (SM-G928K/L/S).
Things You Will Need
- Galaxy S6 Edge+ (SM-G928K/L/S)
- USB Drivers: Link
- Odin v3.10.7: Link
Install Official Marshmallow Update on Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Make sure you have the Galaxy S6 Edge+ bought from Korea. Updates for others models and regions are not available right now. We will add the links to other models and regions as soon as they are available.
- Download the firmware from the links given above (Download only for your device model). You will have to Sign Up on Sammobile for downloading the firmware. After Signing up, you will be able to download the firmware.
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file on your PC.
- Download and install USB drivers on your PC, if you don’t have them already.
- Download Odin v3.10.7 from the link given above.
- Extract Odin ZIP file.
- Open Odin v3.10.7.
- Reboot your phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons for few seconds after switching off your phone.
- Connect your phone to your PC, once it has booted into Download mode and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin.
- Add the firmware file to AP/PDA.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked in the options tab of Odin.
- Click the Start button, sit back and wait few minutes.
- Reboot and Enjoy!
Enjoy the latest version of Android on your Galaxy S6 Edge+. Let us know if you have any queries regarding the installation procedure in the comments section below, we will be happy to help you. Also, let us know whether you like the new update on your device.
With too many models and different firmware for each region, the updates are difficult to push to each device. We hope that update for Android Marshmallow would be available for all the regions and models within a month. Stay tuned to Droidviews.com, if you have another model of S6 Edge+, links would be added as soon as the update is released.