It’s true that Samsung sends the latest Android updates to most of its deserving devices but but considered from the angle of timing, they are often late. At a time when the air is filled with aroma of KitKat, the OEM has turned on the wheel of Android 4.3 updates for a range of its devices. The update is already out for the variants of the Galaxy S4 and now the users of Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 can feel a little happier with the all-new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update.
It was just a couple of days ago that we shared the leaked version of Android 4.3 test firmware for Galaxy S3. Today we have the official build of the ROM that you can install using Odin. Please note that the released firmware is a branded one and it means that it is for the Galaxy S3 users in Ireland (Vodafone). We tested this firmware on our unbranded S3 and it worked without any issue. If you do not wish to install it, you can wait till an unbranded firmware comes out because it won’t take much time. If you want to get the new update via OTA, go to Settings> About> Software update and check for the new update.
Features and Changes:
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is definitely a big update for the users of Galaxy S3 as they have been on Android 4.1.2 for a long time. Besides bumping your phones Android version to 4.3, this update also brings a lot of new features, changes and improvements. We have made a list of the new changes that we could notice:
- Galaxy S4-like lockscreen with personal message feature
- Multi-pages on lockscreen
- Widget support on lockscreen
- Tabbed UI in Settings
- Daydream feature
- Voice control feature for apps like phone, camera, music player, etc.
- Hands-free Mode
- Device UI now themed like that of Galaxy S4
- New Notification Panel with 2 pages
- Developer options is now hidden and appears when you tap “Build Number” for 7 times. See Detailed Guide Here.
- ANT+ support
- TRIM support
- Improvements in camera
- Sound and Shot mode in camera
- Move apps to SD feature
- New Samsung keyboard
- Changed icons for some Samsung apps
- Smoother TouchWiz
- Adapt display
- Adapt sound
- New S-Voice from Galaxy S4
- Full screen mode in Samsung apps
- Support for Galaxy Gear
- Many others….
To install the new official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3, read this tutorial.
How to Root:
Want to root your Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3? Try our detailed guide for that!