Earlier this month, we came across the leaked Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware for the Galaxy Note 5 and it’s features were remarkable. Some of the lucky Note 5 users have been enjoying the latest TouchWiz user interface from the manufacturer. Now the ROM is being ported to many different devices. Latest among these devices are the Samsung Galaxy S6 and the S6 Edge.
XDA developer, bulldog74ts from the Electron Team, has provided Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge users with this new Ditto Note 5 ROM (DN5) featuring the latest Android 6.0 marshmallow and all the latest feature from the current flagship phone from Samsung.
The DN5 ROM is Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based on the G928FXXU2AOJ5 port from the Galaxy Edge Plus. All the features and UI has been incorporated into the ROM. Flash the ROM right away with a custom recovery like TWRP and enjoy the latest from the Note 5. More can be found on the developer page like addons, Xposed, optional features and more.
Some of the features are given below:
- Note5 features working also with finger
- Dual Smart Manager with app permission
- New Air message
- Deodexed & Odex
- Rooted thanks to Chainfire
- Standalone flashable zip
- Knox removed
Before we begin make sure you backup everything as it will make a clean install and all your apps and data will be lost. Stay tuned for further updates and let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Ditto Note 5 ROM for Galaxy S6
- DN5 ROM for Galaxy S6 — Download | File: S6 Ditto 5.0 by Bulldog74ts.zip
- Additional features and addons
- Developer page — Link
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge and some of it’s variants with model number SM-G92X F/C. So verify your device model number and it’s compatibility from the developer page.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download and install the latest TWRP build. Checkout out detailed tutorial for Galaxy S6.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Ditto Note 5 ROM for Galaxy S6
- Download the DN5 ROM from the download section. Also download the optional feature files and add-ons of your choice from the download section like the lockscreen fix file or the smart manager file and more.
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Now flash the addons of your choice.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
If you see the new boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. If you come across any boot loop or face system errors, try a factory reset from the recovery or you can always restore your previous ROM from the backup.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.